1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams Highlights 2010-11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Jan 31, 2012.

1. pge71188

pge71188 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZA3BvDwBdHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone have video of him stealing the ball from Dragic multiple times.

1 person likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The interesting thing about Terrence is that he had a very, very good game at OKC before he was benched.

I wish he was more confident with his mid-short range jumper, because it is certainly one of his strengths.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He is a keeper.

As I've said time and time before, my biggest concern is that we lose T-Will ( & you can add Thabeet in here too). That the next team gives him an opportunity to play and he realizes his potential for another team. We could be giving up a potential contributor / star for next to nothing, and never know because we don't play the guy.

If the preseason trade went through T-Will would have been the swing man off the bench, but now he just sits, and rots. SMH.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They edited him out of the pregame video. :(

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

step away from the crack pipe!

7. faraza84

faraza84 Member

It's the curse of wearing #1 in Houston. Was hoping to see some great stuff from him.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Nice Clip. It shows more than just dunks.

We dont have any guards that can beat guys in the air and finish in traffic like T-Will. He just needs to learn how to make him useful in offense without dominating the ball so much. I was hoping he would get that chance to learn.

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ya know, different players develop differently under different circumstances. I would like to say that Williams is just in a sub-optimal work environment but the facts are pretty straight forward:

* Williams has had 5 NBA head coaches -- Frank Lawrence, Kiki Vandeweghe, Avery Johnson, Rick Adleman, and Kevin McHale -- and he has failed to earn consistent playing time with any of the coaches.
    * He has been publicly admonished by two coaches (Vendeweghe and Johnson) for stubbornness and unprofessional behavior.
    * One coach felt no recourse but to send him to the D-League hoping to get the light to go off in his head.
    * Williams has made public comments demonstrating his own stubbornness. The twitter examples are numerous, but one interview example may suffice:
    At this point, I concede that the only way Williams gets his career on track is if he magically gets his head screwed on straight or if some coach just hands him what he has not earned. I have no reason to believe his behavior has changed under McHale.

Oh, and someone should inform the knucklehead that complaining on twitter (even if through re-tweets) then claiming "Oh, but Imma be professional about it" is not professionalism. Professionalism is shutting the hell up and putting in more practice time doing what the coach has asked you to do. (See Luis Scola after last night's game in on the court taking 18ft. jumpers.)

It is all a shame because the guy has so much athletic ability and all around skill. You don't get a body like his and his skill set without putting in time in the gym. Too bad he doesn't seem to be putting in the time in the direction his coaches are asking.

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

it is a risk reward deal, unfortunately not much reward was had. He had ample opportunity to compete and get his head straight under McHale.

11. rednationfan

rednationfan Member

coach needs to put him back in the rotation williams can be a real good nba player only if he gets a chance with more minutes on the floor

12. rednationfan

rednationfan Member

with all those minutes that cortney gets, if given to williams he could of improved alot on his game

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Hi Terrence.

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree with the fact that T-Will needs more playing time. Perhaps when we trade Lee, Bud and/or Martin. I hope he gets more playing time, but I'm afraid we will package him in a trade ...

15. Htown's2kFinest

Don't get how we traded our 1st round pick for him and he doesn't even get to be in the rotation. And now we don't pick up his option so he's a free agent after this season... Feels like a complete waste.

16. Dei

Dei Member

I agree. I think he's serviceable but he's gotta be a huge upgrade over Martin, Lee, and Budinger to play minutes on this team. I hope he had a good practice.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Everybody who wants to see Twill play is an idiot and does not realise when you allow a guy who doesn't work his but off, is stubborn, cries about lack of playing time over the internet and jokes way too much in practice you are going against what team sport, professionalism and winning is. The guy is a loser and a waste of talent. It's a shame but I don't care about him anymore. It says a lot that Von Wafer got his time to shine and this guy doesn't when Von was all about himself too.