1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams - 13 Points Vs Magic (12.26.11)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Dec 26, 2011.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jOaWt00zv6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5 people like this.
  2. Rockets_Texans

he should start

3. Htown's2kFinest

4. Rockets_Texans

pretty good off the bench.still dont understand why bud starts

1 person likes this.
  5. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

He played more min than bud

6. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

It's because he was the starter last year, I'm sure. Now that we actually have options at SF, I definitely see McHale changing things up. Hopefully T-Will or Lee because we need defense at that spot.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

26 minutes is more than 20 minutes.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He reminds me of Vernon Maxwell. Obviously not identical players, but his style, athleticism, attitude, etc...Maxwell 2.0

Don't kill me, Tinman.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Well, he needs starter minutes => 36 minutes :)

10. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Ultimately I would like a Lowry-Twill backcourt. Maybe Morris at the 3. Patterson at the 4. Dalembert at the 5. If we give this unit playing time together, they would do special things.

Lee and Dragic have an energy quality about them that I like off the bench.

11. ThaShark316_28

On that dunk, I wonder if Howard blocks that if he was a Laker, Maverick or Net.

Anyway, thanks as always, batkins.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he just got caught flat-footed. Twill's take off looked indecisive, so DH couldnt time it right.

13. Dei

Dei Member

He's making crow delicious.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

When T-will learns to play with a point guard and how to hit a jumper he will play that much.

15. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Yeah, because the league doesn't have any guys starting that aren't pure shooters at the SG and SF...............................................................................

16. davestrate

davestrate Member

Thanks Batkins....please keep em coming!

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

This is almost the lineup I like as well. I'd start Lee at the 2 and T-Will at the 3 with Morris a ready backup at the 3.

Ready to move Scola and Martin for the future. Ready to fight with the young ones. Especially I'd love to see Scola go to a contender; he deserves that shot. Injuries will come up around the league; someone will need each of them.

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I'm not sold on this guy. He has a shoot-first, aggressive attitude that I don't think he can keep up. He's a little bit out of control.

Today he did well, because he shot well. But his shots are not high percentage shots and he's not clearing out room to make those high percentage shots. The video just shows defensive lapses by the Magic, most likely because Twill isn't a prolific shooter or a target threat.

Against better defensive teams he will struggle...he is strong, but I don't know how quick he is to get away from a defender. That's what you need to start scoring 15, 20 points a game.

He isn't going to hit 3 pointers all the time like he did today, nor is he going to get easy dunks and spot up shots. If he continues to shoot well, then he will do OK, but I was hoping he showed signs of being not just a decent role player but a great player, and I don't see that in him.

Regardless, he seems confident with his shot and it shows. I just hope he can keep it up.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't think he has a shoot-first attitude. He does like passing. His problem has been that he forces it too much...trying to make something happen every time he gets the ball. Sometimes it's best to just pass to the next guy rather than trying to create something. Play within yourself and within the offense. Trust your teammates.

So far, he appears to display more patience and less forcing the game.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Williams had a fairly good game, save a couple of possessions. Compared to last year's Williams, who had no idea on how to play team game, there has been improvement. He hit shots in the flow of the game, he created some and he rebounded.

I am already on record by saying that Martin and Bud cannot start together. Neither can create his own shot, and if both are missing whatever shots they get, we are doomed to fail since both are so bad on defense.

That is not a double whammy, it is quadruble one (zero defense X 2, zero offense X 2).