1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where can I get a decent haircut?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I went to a military school, and no, we were not required to shave our heads or anything like that. A local barber (not a 'hairstylist') came from in town to cut our hair, and he gave the bast damn haircuts I've ever had. Sit in the chair, zip zip zip, and you're done in about 6-7 minutes. The best part is it was free. Then in college, there was a local barber right across the street from campus again, less than 10 minutes, and you were done. Cost $8 and we'd talk sports the whole time.

I've always worn my hair short, with a #1 on the clippers for the sides and the back. I'm looking for a no frills place. I don't want them to wash my hair and doo all that other crap. I just want a decent cut, preferably from a man, for about $10.

I want a BARBER, not a friggin' "hairstylist." No Fantastic Sam's. No SuperCuts, no Visible Changes.

Any suggestions in the NW Houston area? I haven't had any luck.

2. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

Pro Hair Cut @ longpoint & gessner

Very good, quality, affordable barber. He runs the shop himself and does fine work. He cut my hair for about 4 years until I went off to school. I lived on the NW side(Jersey Village) and the drive was usually 10-15 minutes. I miss going there. My roommate used to drive into town on weekends just to get his haircut there. I'm a little more practical than that though.

Directions-
    Driving South on Gessner going towards I-10
    Take a left on Longpoint in which you'll be driving East
    Go about 150 yds and it will be on your right

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

In Pasadena, on Spencer. Its called Best Cuts and they charge 6 bucks. I keep my hair 0 on side and back and 2 on top. And they give the best damn haircuts you can get. Of course I dont think you wanna drive all the way down here.

4. chuck taylor

chuck taylor Member

LOL, 0 on the side and 2 on the top?? How hard could that be? Email me, and I will cut your hair for 4 bucks.:D

5. Timing

Timing Member

There is an old time barber shop on I-10 and Kirkwood behind the Shell Station called Wolf's Barber Shop. I think it fits your description pretty well.

6. R0ckets03

Hey damnit just last time is the first time some new lady kind of sort of messed it up. Otherwise it has been perfect for the last two years. And it is pretty damn hard to give a 2 & 0! :p

7. Lynus302

Thanks fellas. I think I'll look into Frank Black and Timing's suggestions.

Damn, is it SLOW around here or what?

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Funny, I do 0 on the sides and 4 on the top, of course my top is bleached blonde. :)

9. chuck taylor

chuck taylor Member

Funny, I do a 0 on top, and a 3 on the sides, but the top part is from old age. Wait.... come to think of it, that is not funny at all.:(

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah it is.

11. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

What about in Austin?

I go to the ones around Hyde Park. There is ALWAYS something wrong with my haircut. Either they missed on the length or they cut it uneven. I think I'm gonna start to head to the beauty salons.

12. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

I have no suggestions for you Texans, although the Italian barber I go to charges just $10, is right in the convenience by the lobby of my apartment, and he does the job reliably, fast and chats enough to keep you awake, but no so that you can't have some peace. Though, I don't think he's good enough to warrant the 2,000 km drive up here for you guys. :p

Anyways, out of curiosity, how often do you generally get your hair cut? I use to go every 4-5 weeks, but, because I like keeping my hair short and low-maintenance, and due to the fact that my hair grows like weeds (I think my head's a human chia pet), I now go every 2-3 weeks.

Azim da Dream

13. R0ckets03

I used to go every 6 weeks. Then I started going every month. I hated making hair in the morning before heading to schoo. Then I started going to Visible Changes where the senior cutter charged like 30 freakin bucks! They had this deal where if I went every 2 weeks it would be 15 bucks. Then I found the place in Pasadena and now I go every five days!

Damn when the hell is football season starting!!!!!!??????:(

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

You're not Asian are you? We generally have coarse, thick straight hair. It looks horrible uncombed. It can be uncontrollable at times.

I'd like to grow my hair out, but that middle stage is loooonnnngg
    for me.

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

My barber is awesome. The best thing about her is that she and I share almost NO interests. She listens to country music, and I don't. She doesn't like sports, and I do. She likes to fish, and the closest I ever get to live seafood is looking at the goldfish in Wal-Mart. It's great...I walk in, snip snip, buzz buzz, and I'm out in ten minutes, tops!

The best thing about her is that there is NO sexual attraction for her! You don't know how embarassing it is to spring wood while some 22 year old hottie straight out of the JC cosmetology program is cutting your hair

"ZAP! Oh, I'm sorry, sir! I seem to have buzzed your ear. I just started last week, ya know...By the way, would you like me to take a little off the top 'down there' too??"

16. Lynus302

ummm......where is this place? Not that I would go or something.
    :D

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Dude, you need to control yourself. :)

18. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I cannot find a Best Cuts listed for Spencer! Where is it on Spencer? Always want to save a $.:D