1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Rondo Be A Possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Jan 31, 2013.

?

Trade for Rondo, yay or nay.

1. Yay!

40.4%
  2. Naaaayyy!

59.6%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yesterday night during ESPN's NBA Countdown show Bill Simmons suggested that Rajon Rondo's name would come up in trade rumors within the next 3 weeks.

I know it's not even tentative speculation yet since it's just a sports writer but this guy has pretty strong ties to the Boston sports community. If it were anyone else it would be blown off by me.

So would there be any possibility of us acquiring Rondo from the Celtics this season? If so how would he fit next to our up and coming superstar in Harden? Also what would in take to obtain such a talent? AND would you even want Rondo on the Rockets squad?

The Celtics have been sputtering this year and aren't getting any younger, you've got to think with their aging parts they'd want to get valuable assets to compensate for their aging stars.

2. conquistador#11

he would need to adjust to become a 3 point shooter. apparently everybody can hit that shot, so I think he would be the perfect fit to launch from the perimeter.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

No he isn't the answer. The Rockets need to upgrade at the 4 spot the back court is good enough the biggest issue is our 4.

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I highly doubt they trade Rondo....

He is their best player, and he is young. It would be stupid for them to trade him.

5. bc2k

bc2k Member

With McHale coaching, the ball will be in Harden's hand most of time. You think Rondo would come here to get 5 or 6 assists a game at most?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Good idea... sign another player who can't hit the open three to a guard spot

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

haha lol

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lin can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands to be effective, bad fit next to Harden.

Ship him out and trade for....Rondo....

yea...five star thread.

9. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

I'm sure they would trade Rondo for the right players. Its not the first time Rondo is being talked about and he has a torn ACL.
    Celtics need to win now. I'm sure they would trade for Lin & Parsons.
    On the other hand, Rockets not going anywhere this year and can wait on Rondo. Do it Morey!

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

another PG that can't shoot....

11. youngduck

youngduck Member

um...I doubt the celtics trade away rondo. I mean what about their future?

12. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

They have no youth. They need to gamble on Lin & Parsons maybe give them DMO too.

13. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Doesn't make sense for either team.

Boston won't trade Rondo unless they get a foundational franchise player back. They would trade him for Harden, which Houston wouldn't do, but there are no other foundational franchise players that Houston can offer for Rondo.

Houston wouldn't be able to use him well either, since he fits even worse with Harden. If the coaches can't get Harden to work with Lin, how will they fit him with an even more dominant PG who needs the ball all the time and can't shoot 3's? Rondo is a better PG than Lin, no doubt, but an even worse fit with Harden, at least with this coaching staff.

Gotta change the coaches and system first if you want any chance of getting them to work. And even then it's a question mark.

14. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Rondo wouldnt fit in the current Rocket's offense, but they probably would twist it if Rondo is here. But I really dont think the Cs will trade Rondo for a bunch of good role players to compensate for KG and PP. Their whole team is built upon Rondo creating shots for everyone else, except Pierce who can get his own. That's why their offense suck that bad, and it would become worse if they are without Rondo's creativity.

The Cs will probably blow up their aging roster and build new team around Rondo.

15. torocan

torocan Member

Hrm, trade Jeremy Lin (a ball dominant PG) for Rondo (an even MORE ball dominant PG).

Yeah... right... :rolleyes:

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Do the Celts like Royce?

17. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Rondo is already an all-star. Morey should trade Lin & Parsons for Rondo.

18. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

You know Rondo is all-star version Lin. He need ball in hand and is horrible 3pt shooter with career average 0.241.

That said I would still make a Lin for Rondo trade in heartbeat. The offense would run through Rondo not Harden as Rondo arguable best passing PG in league. Harden would take more Paul Pierce role

#18 lookabove, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wow, you guys are comparing Lin a SCORING dominant PG to an all-star PASSING PG in Rondo.

All you're narrow mindedness baffles me.

When you have two guys that can effectively share the ball like Rondo and Harden, especially when they both would be playing near the same skill levels unlike Lin, it makes the team that much better regardless of whether he can shoot the 3 or not.

You're infatuation with a 3 point shooting PG is blinding you guys to the point where you'll just settle for some crap like making JJ Reddick our PG just cause he's great at shooting 3s.

Talent is talent and that's exactly what Rondo would bring an upgrade in talent. Period.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

49% FG.