1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Freelance editors?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by professorjay, Dec 2, 2014.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Just wondering if there's any freelance editors on the board. I've been producing/editing a monthly series of videos (~12 min long) and now small highlight clips (~5 minutes a few times a month) for the same client. Some portions are also used for broadcast tv.

Now they want me to edit an award show into a 30 minute show for TV, plus a 5 minute clip to be shown at the awards. I've checked around but wanted more feedback on what I should charge for a project like this. Just wanted to see what you guys get for an hourly fee and/or set projects.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Is it pr0n? :eek:

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

what is your day rate? Simply multiply your day rate by the number of days you think you will work on the project - stick with your day rate. We used to use about 4-5 freelance editors on a daily basis and most had been here every day for a couple of years. They simply charged their day rate for every day. I say "used to" because we hired all of them full time about 2yrs ago.

OR - Have you tried asking on the forums at Creative Cow?

https://www.creativecow.net