1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Texas A&M VS. Texas State football game.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Dnjndmrc5, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

So who will you root for this saturday? As a txstate student I hope the cats make it look respectable.

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

They are considerring playing it on Thursday night b/c of Rita.
    As an Aggie, I am embarrassed that we even have SWT on our schedule. Most starters should not even see the field in the 2nd half.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

TUFKASWT 24
    A&M 21

BELIEVE!!!

Haha, just joking. This is a good game for the Bobcats, I'm really happy they're playing it. It looks as if they're going to actually compete this year in the Southland and maybe this season is the first step back to the glory years of the early 80s. Even though the players probably know that they won't win this game, I'm sure scheduling these kind of schools is a good recruiting tool for those second-tier players who attend I-AA universities.

Eat 'em up, Cats.

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I don't know. UC Davis did beat Stanford.

5. Isabel

Isabel Member

The first few weeks of the football season have gotten awfully boring in recent years, especially with the BCS and current system. I guess you just watch to see if they beat the spread. It's almost like a series of preseason games or exhibitions. I'll always root for the little guys to do the improbable, but differences in finances, prestige, etc. of the teams make these matchups more and more lopsided every year.

6. Fatty FatBastard

The University Formerly Known As SouthWest Texas? That's new.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Texas St. has some badass jerseys.

Anyone remember the "What's Happening" episode when Dwayne was winning on NFL picks but it turned out he was just picking the Helmet he liked best.

8. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i go to Tx. State too but lets not get ridiculous. i'm very realistic and expect A&M to put up at least 50 and we probably won't score more than 14. i know we came close to baylor last year but that's BAYLOR. texas a&m is a good Div. 1 team that beat another D1 team by nearly 60 last week. i expect the same type of game. i would love an upset but that probably isn't going to happen. we'd have to play PERFECT just to have a chance at winning. and with about 300 yards in penalties already this year in two games i don't see that happening.

9. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Texas State?

Isn't that redundant? What an absurd name.

SWT had a certain cache - and the chicks were hot and dumb - a definite attraction for potential high school students looking for a university.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I just saw that TUKNASWT is up to #14 in the nation in the I-AA polls.

Sweet.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Same thing today, just different school name.

DD

12. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

For those of you who attend Texas State how would you compare our QB Barrick Nealy to the likes of Vince Young or Reggie McNeal?

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It's going to be another laugher, like that 66-8 IIRC win over SMU last weekend.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you serious??? that's pretty sweet. i few of my fraternity brothers play, and one is starting OL (i think). my fraternity is supposed to be heading up fri night to tailgate and party, interesting to see what'll happen weather-wise.

the game, ehhh..... not so much of a mystery. i was pretty pissed when i found out that ACL and the game were scheduled on the same weekend. i'd lpanned to attend the game last year.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

better.

waaayyyy better.

16. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

any chance that txstate might join the 1-A someday? how do they decide if your in 1-AA or 1-A? is it by enrollment?

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

shock em, barrick!

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Is Nealy still there? He's a senior right? Did he lose a year of eligibility when he transferred or does that not apply to switching divisions.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They talked about it while I was there, but I don't think they'll end up doing it. One of the major issues is with stadium size and the funding it takes to be a I-A team. I don't think they should do it as they'll never compete for a national championship or anything like that. I think if they can get consistently good at I-AA, they can rekindle the football tradition they had in the early 80s when they were winning national championships.

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Well, I don't think anyone expects this to be much of a game, no offense to anyone.

But atleast SWT has some of the hottest chicks I've ever seen. I see more hot chicks there (percentage wise) than here at UT.