1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] TMAC on 610 LIVE from Texans Camp NOW!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Faos, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Heads up

2. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Just heard the end of it, TMac saying he could catch one over the middle against the Texans :eek:

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm not sure there's anything special about that. ;)

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Said Battier does "nothing great, but a lot of things good".

Also said he's is not sure about the supporting cast, that's the big question, but the summer is not over yet in terms of making changes.

5. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Sounds like were actually getting some true opinion now, insteaded the same ole PC comments.

And I'm glad he mentioned the supporting cast. Hopefully this will put some of the "dreamers" around here in check about where this team currently is in terms of being championship caliber.

I sure hope they can get something else done before the start of the season to bolster the bench.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The supporting cast is sh#t, and anybody can see that. Yes we have some talent, but it's all relatively unproven. We still don't have a legit starting PG, SG, or PF. Although we are certainly deeper than we were last year, we have not significantly addressed any of our positional issues this offseason. Anyone who thinks the roster, as it stands, is capable of truely competing for a championship is high .... IMHO.

Bad offseason, I'm not drinking the coolaid just because i want to believe.

7. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Sadly the holes that we have it's hard to tell if they are holes that multiply into a enormous problem or cover each other in the right places that everything will just mesh.

Yes Alston is a terrible shooter, but he is a great great distributer, and keeps the ball in play (one of the better ast/to ratios in the league). Yes Battier will be a little short to play PF, but he will stretch the defense with his open shots, and will make smart decisions with the ball. He might turn into a point foward like Diaw. Snyder... well no one really knows what he could turn into. He has a lot of athletic ability (what we've been lacking), but that's about all we know he will surely bring.

The team that brough Dallas to 7 games was very flawed, but in a way that it was able to mask its problems *at least till the final game. Here's to hoping.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Ditto from me as well!

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Please Yetti!!! It is hurtful to see you an icon endorse such vulgar language!! This is a family atomsphere!

10. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

Ditto from me as well!!

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

He did say all his back troubles are over, he feels fine
    AND he's getting married in September.

12. superden

superden Contributing Member

yummmmm kooolaid.... OH YAHHHH. :D

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He also said it seemed like the NBA Finals were rigged and some of the calls Wade got were ridiculous.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I agree that wade got some ridiculous calls. i appreciate his honesty, although it isn't good for a player with history to have a negative feeling about his teamates before the season starts.

15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well #### me in the goat@@@, I gotta give you a big ******* ditto on that too.

16. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

its about time... doesn't he have like 2 kids already with his baby's momma !>! :confused: :p :cool: :D

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

We need Chance to hook up the TMac segment in the 610 streaming audio vault.

Chance, are you out there?

18. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Of course he's not sure about the supporting cast. The problem with adding a bunch of 23-24 year old guys is they don't have much of a history to judge by. If you want supporting players that you can be sure about, http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=116167 is the kind of guy you add. "The one ring to rule them all" is probably gonna be looking for a job, too.

But we been down that road before, haven't we?

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sam Fisher & Da Glide- Thank you for pointing that out!! As you know I never use foul language! I just must have been reading the posts so quickly in my excitement and I unfortunately didn't notice it. It's just not my cup of tea!
    However I expect much greater things from our team than Aruba 77 does, although I am still eager to see CG/JVG improve the Power Forward position! :p

20. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

He felt pretty good about the suppoting cast last season. It only turned out that Stro and DA were total bust.