1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please bring back DMo next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

BWHAHAHA it always boils down to the hate chant. Typically drivel from fans that are only here for one damn player. Like I said Greens energy ignited the Warriors magnificent run.

We just got embarrassed and you're on here trying to protect Dmo. Comical

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I personally think they keep Beasely, Capela and Beverly. If it's me I revamp the weak 4 position like they've tried to do the last several off seasons. I like DMOs game he's got many strenths but he's got many weaknesses plus back issues. They need to go in a new direction depending on who the new coach will be IMO. DMO should flourish with a different franchise if he can stay healthy and away from a ball dominant 2 guard like Harden.

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He's looked awful and very unathletic at times. He's always just stretching for a ball that is somehow permanently out of reach.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

And why is he always falling down??? Is he just clumsy?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah he is, seems his center of gravity is a problem.

DD

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

Really would like to have Dmo back next year, but... has there ever been a case where a player gets traded by a team, rescinded and then resigned with the team that traded them?

7. Nook

Nook Member

DMO can be another teams problem/solution. The Rockets need to move on. They have been getting mauled at the 4 for a decade.

8. cruwinas_lawona

I don't know what kind of woodoo spell would need to be cast on DMo for him to sign with Rockets. All the time he was a Rocket - his place was in the crapper no matter what he did, and top on it, Detroit mess.
    A mystery "bad back" then everyone say's that is nothing wrong with it.
    Something is wrong with Morey and DMo needs to pack his ****tt and move on.
    Sad story, he was genuine about liking Houston, cool guy, approachable, very hard worker. But I guess, selfish "superstars", "allstars" are more important even though they play like crap (sorry Dwight).

9. malakas

malakas Member

the kind of voodoo spell that is called $.
    If we make him the better offer in security and $ then he will sign with us.

Not sure he will have so many suitors.

But then again, his Free agency is one of the hardest to predict because it depends on some things we have no definite knowledge of. His back health.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Uh, no... instincts don't really change all that much with time. That's why they're call instincts.

D-Mo just looks clumsy and awkward out there. He hasn't really changed that aspect of his game over the last 3 years, even when he was far more effective in his role. Constantly falling, constantly making the easy play/shot look difficult, lack of awareness (passing it when he has a clear layup, not realizing nobody is guarding him, starting an outlet fast break pass by either fumbling it, throwing it away, or just throwing it out of bounds).

Guys with lesser talent, smaller build, and less athleticism are able to make the game easier because they simply have the natural fluidity, reflexes, and overall comfort to play this game. D-Mo too often still looks like a project trying to fit in... reminds me of all the hype surrounding Darko Milicic, who never grew into his expectations (obviously, a far bigger bust... but another example of a player who just never got it and always looked awkward).

Add to it the back concerns, the stamina issues, and the lack of an upward trend in potential/production... it won't be hard to move on from him.

11. chandlerbang21

alligator arm Dmo will not be a rocket next season i think along with Tjones and Josh smith

12. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Dmo is clearly a different player. He has completely lost his agility and mobility that made him a versatile 4/5 player. Now he's an undersized Marc Gasol that gets abused down low. If this is the new reality for Dmo following his back problems it might be time to let him go unless he comes back on a cheap deal. Unless he is able to make considerable improvement this offseason with his health, don't think we should bring him back as much as it pains me to say.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Most people look at Dmo when he plays and see a dude who is fairly unathletic , falls down a bit , and is streaky / sometimes bad offensively . When I watch Dmo play I see a guy who is always in or trying to get to the right spot , a guy who moves the ball exceptionally quickly , a guy who has immense skill . Smarts and skills are not common in this day in the NBA . While I appreciate concerns about athleticism , I think that Dmo is above the minimum required to play and that given his work ethic , he can improve his body with time over the offseason .

I don't understand how people can vilify Dmo for what happened last game . I don't understand how people can single out any one player for that game . Did y'all actually watch the game ??? I was there , and it was pretty easy to see what happened . Regardless of whether or not you think our starters took GS lightly at the beginning of the second half ... GS did what GS does , they bombed 3's . It's not like we left them wide open , they made tough contested shots . We panicked . We tried matching them and when we shot 3's we missed , which led to 0 points , long defensive rebounds , and more GS points . Coaching and leadership are among root causes for the collapse , but sometimes there's nothing you can do when another team makes 20+ threes and you can't hit the broad side of a barn .

I hope the rockets bring back Dmo , tell him not to play in the olympics , and get him back to full strength and athleticism . I believe that since his athleticism is a legit question mark , he can be had on a deal that is very valuable to the rockets . This team needs more playmakers and versatile players . Dmo is a guy who really can be an integral part of a successful team , and we need to heavily consider keeping him around.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so in your mind, people can't become more calm and less "clumsy and awkward" with age and experience? Well that's one theory anyway.

15. Milos

Milos Member

Not saying that Barnes is or ever will be a Top 10 superstar ...

But I do think:
    - he is a terrific 2way player
    - he would be a huge upgrade over Ariza
    - he could become the best 2nd option for offense the Rockets have ever had next to Harden

For reference ... here are the top 5 starting SF in OFFrtg this season:
    1 Durant
    2 Kawhi
    3 LeBron
    4 Butler
    5 Barnes

He is ahead of Klay, Paul George, Crowder, Tobias, Parsons, Hayward, Middleton ... and way ahead of Ariza

Maybe he is not quite 'special' yet ... but he isnt a part time rotation player just returned from exile in China
    He is a key starter on the best team in NBA history
    Comparing him to Beasley is more than a stretch

16. ChineseJSmoove

love dmo! hope he can stay in Houston forever

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this.