1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Colts have a weak defense and o-line yet they still advanced to the CC last season. They've likely improved their team with Gore and unless they have a '14 Texans-type draft, their rookies will improve them. Indy is more likely to make the SB than lose before the CC.

Agreed.... it's just funny how you think Indy is so bad overall, yet discredit their main cog that makes them viable.

Rushing to argue, you missed the point. Read beyond the first sentence next time.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you misunderstand, Andrew Luck is the only reason the Colts aren't one of the worst teams in the AFC....there's no reason to think a team like that will go far in the playoffs because a less than stellar performance by Luck is all it takes to practically guarantee a loss.

Defense wins championships, any good defense in the playoffs has a very good chance of beating Indy which is why I don't think it's very likely they make a SB appearance any time soon. Old man Gore will be better than what they had, but with a weak O line and no defense, it's hard to bet on the Colts doing anything more than winning their division.....which isn't a guarantee.

3. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Except, they already have.... and Luck wasn't stellar in every win either.

Judging by their history, Colts' winning more than the division is an easy bet.

Anyways, debating Indy's "goodness" is making me nauseous. Hopefully the Texans spoil their plans.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They beat the Bengals and then Peyton Manning pulled a classic Peyton Manning playoff choke job.....is that really impressive to you? The very next week they got absolutely crushed by the Pats in what was basically a bye week for them.....the Texans put up more of a fight in 2012 with Matt Schaub at QB.

Anyway, overrating the Colts is a pretty popular thing to do at the moment so I don't blame you, but remember who told you they were overrated.

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Saying Indy is a Top 2 AFC favorite is not overrating them.

Good thing for you though... if they advance to the CC again, you can just say it's "not really impressive" ;)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I very much disagree, we'll see who is right. The Colts are a bad good team...in fact, one of the worst good teams. Their easy schedule should be enough to ensure they make the playoffs and have a solid shot at winning their division, but they aren't a real contender. Their NBA counterpart is the Toronto Raptors.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Exactly, because TOR made the CC.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Arguing...??? If you read my post with un-hateful eyes you will see I'm agreeing with you and not arguing with you...

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I only spread love

Plus, you're my Hip Hop homie :)

10. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Just a heads up to all you Andre fans, our first soon to be hall of famer. Marshals are selling authentic Andre jerseys for $12.99 grab'em while you can!! I found two only at the Stafford location and grabbed one of them.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Already have one

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I work down the street there!!!!!!!!! Getting mine during lunch

13. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Greatest Texan Ever

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Double J Watt? WHAT???

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Kill the store. Kill it with fire. :grin:

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Tough defense, but so far lack luster.

Andre Johnson
    4 REC
    24 YDS
    6.0 AVG

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The fact that Andre was so very good and built a HOF type career while having so many bad and mediocre quarterbacks throwing him the ball with the Texans, really makes me appreciate him and shake my head at the Texans' organization even more.

Had the one of the best WR in the league in his absolute prime for 12 years and couldn't at least get one good quarterback to pair him with... What a waste.

19. magman

magman Member

I'd do anything to get a QB who could do what Matt Schaub did during 2009-2012. Even with his redzone faults.

20. baubo

baubo Member

The only thing worse than Matt Schaub being the best QB in Texans history is that the next best QBs in team history are probably David Carr, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and possibly Ryan Mallet in some order. And after that you have Case Keenum, Tony Banks, Dave Ragone, Rosencopter, etc..