1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White-American convicted of corruption charges linked to other white-American Rep.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Nov 23, 2005.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't know that other congressmen were getting dragged into the whole Delay mess as well.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

??? FrenchieBlade, you're clearly shaken. You're defeated and have resorted to playing race card tactics with your thread titles. I always knew the French were nothing but surrender monkeys! :cool:

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The Houston Chronicle did a similar thing in the article you posted. There is something else up about White supremicists. I don't see the big deal about showing some white Americans who are involved in corruption.

It is no big deal. Or does this bother you because it mentions white-Americans?

4. bigtexxx

You're clearly the one who's bothered....otherwise you wouldn't have thrown out this childish thread title. The Chronicle was accurate in describing him as "Arab American" because he was convicted in Saudi and was living over there. Your thread title was just petty and childish. Even if your position that the Chronicle was wrong to call him Arab American was right (which it wasn't, since it was important to the story) , you are operating under the "two wrongs make a right" philosophy. Moronic.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

but was he pasty faced?

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are you saying if you were convicted in Saudi and was living over there you can be labeled as "Arab American"?? moronic!

7. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

No moronic was the CNN news report that called the Black French teens who were arrested prior to their riots "African American".

WTF?

They aren't American idiots, their French! You could call them African French but that would be stupid too.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

My title was also accurate because the criminal and alleged other criminal are both white.

My thread title was just silly little jab at the chronicle headline. I wasn't upset by anything, I just thought it was strange that they singled his heritage out in the headline. So I made an equally silly but accurate headline about the fact that the whole delay mess involves more than just one white republican congressman.

My position isn't that the chronicle was right or wrong, but that they were silly.

If you wand to whine, b*tch and moan about it all day, feel free. It was really no big deal.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wouldn't that make our culture moronic for coming up with such a term?

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

America is very race-conscious, and will remain that way until Whites are a minority and they are equally abused/rediculed and then everyone mixes and we're all "brown" people.

Better hurry up and seal that border, bigtexxx! ;)

11. insane man

insane man Member

unfortunately i dont think its as race conscious as it should be. race has played a pivotal role in america and hence should be very prominent in discussions.

12. bigtexxx

Actually I'm not for a strict border closure a la Pat Buchanan. I enjoy the benefits that the below market laborers provide in the form of lower prices to consumers. We have to have a cheap source of labor, that much is clear. Keeping the terrorists out is the real problem - we need to find a way to allow the cheap laborers to pass through, but keep the bad guys out.

13. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Absolutely, The establishment is so unbelieveably nervous about saying something to offend the most most vocal minority in the country that they don't even know what to call a Black person from another country.

14. tigermission1

LOL! You didn't know that White people are just nervous around Black people? They're jumpy I tell ya! :D

Have you ever observed a White person/family sitting in their cars and as soon as they spot a Black person walking/moving/driving near by they lock the doors? I swear I saw it more than a few times (yes, I do notice those things, I am weird like that) and it just cracks me up every time I see it.

That's where the whole "gated community" idea came from ;)

#14 tigermission1, Nov 23, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

white people are equally abused, if not more. When it comes to percentages, i see a whole lot less whites who are prejudice than other nationalities (mexicans/hispanics an exception)

16. tigermission1

Rediculed, yes. Abused/repressed? Nope.