1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RUMOR-Calvin Murphy back Announcing (UPDATE: Will host pre/post game)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFWRocket, Jun 9, 2012.

1. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Calvin is the announcer Houston deserves but not the one it needs right now.

1 person likes this.
  2. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

YEAH :D thanks a lot for the update, finally an official word on the whole matter! Loving the fact he's doing all so pre-half and post game show.
    Too bad Leslie is doing this for the wrong reasons, but I'll take it. Let's hope he replaces Drexler & Bullard soon, that would make this new group a lot more fun to watch. I hope he replaces the whole half-time crew (Don & Kevin), never liked Eschenfelder with his accent and lame jokes with Bullard.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Pretty much what we could have expected in his first year back. Basically Don Chaney's old role in the broadcast. Its not what everyone on here wants, but its a start back in the right direction.

5. DCballer

DCballer Member

Nice first step. Next they need to get him and Bill back together, where they belong.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

That can't be true, Eschenfelder hosted it, Don was at times a guest.

7. wadero

wadero Member

Great we will get to hear that he is a Way better Coach than Mchale every night!!

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He won't facilitate the show. Thats what someone like Eschenfelder is there for. Murphy is a color analyst. It won't just be Murphy on the TV by himself doing a one man show.

I would assume that the show will be done in studio for away games in the same way it was done before with Chaney and Kevin E.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Ah okay like that, my bad ;) I was hoping he would be on the court with Worrell and Drexler, pre and post game when it's in Houston and run it by himself :)
    Glad he's back though baby.

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Ummm... Ok

11. ASTROCKETEXANS

What about the actual channel itself, any updates on who will be carrying it and under what package. I have Dish and I'm almost positive I cant survive without it. We are getting close so if anybody has an update please let me know. I keep reading that comcast is leaving it up to the various providers to pick up the channel yet I dont see it being picked up by any of them. Althought Dish seems like they have Comcast Chicago and other regions etc.

12. Know Your Role

It will be a last minute thing I'm pretty sure. This happened maybe 10~12 years ago, but it got sorted out a few games into the season. Knowing how the shady cable providers are, they will get the channel but it will be like pulling teeth until they give in and provide it. Be vocal, be insistent, and claim it is a race issue if need be.

13. delta69er

delta69er Member

I've never minded Bull. And honestly, I hope we don't let go of Clyde. Say what you will about his ineptitude as a commentator, but I always thought he was good for a couple of laughs every game. Hell, if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have a million page thread on "Drexlerisms" in the GARM lol.

14. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Big thumbs up for Calvin. Now if we can only move Clyde out to some community relations position...

15. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

UPDATE: 9/25/2012 at 1:30pm

16. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

17. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Hahaha, nice. Nah, the new uniforms won't come in until NEXT season. From a business standpoint, the Rockets are gonna milk Linsanity this season and then do a uniform change the following season in order to double-dip. I'm almost 100% certain a uniform change is coming, but it won't be happening THIS season.

18. Red&BlackPudman

Yes! Bring back the pudman!

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm glad he is back. Now, if we can only find a way to slide him into the game broadcast. 3 man crew anyone?