1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Hypothetical) Foster Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Francis3422, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So in Cowboyland we are probably getting to the point where we will invest our 2016 first rounder in a RB trade sooner than later. There has been some chatter about Lamar Davis and Knile Davis. I was just curious to see what Texan fans would think of trading Foster a 2016 first from Dallas? Granted this pick will probably be the last in the first round but that is still valuable. Being able to add a top 10 pick next year along with a late first and early second could help Houston make a jump after they give Mallett a year to take his lumps.

Thoughts?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Um, where do we sign?

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I like the humor.

I'd do it and then draft Mettenberger with the Cowboys pick (around 12) and James Conner with the Texans pick (twenties). We'd be all set.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Or maybe use those two picks to trade up for Hackenberg if he's worth it.

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I wouldn't recommend trading for Lamar Davis since he was a football player in the 40's and is....dead. Some GM is trying to pull a fast one on ya Jerry.

6. cdain3

cdain3 Member

**** off cowgirl

7. awc713

awc713 Member

I've always found NFL trade values very confusing. I'm assuming we would trade Foster if a 2016 first rounder was being offered.

Is it fair to say that McNair would not do that trade same if it was to Dallas, though?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm, getting a Cowboys first round pick likely to be somewhere between 8-14 overall would be really sweet, but wouldn't they be better off just keeping the pick?

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Foster is the most important player on this team when it comes to wins and losses. His impact on the field can not be replaced given that we do not have a QB.

Do you really want to go through another 2-14 season?

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's a difficult question. A first round pick is very valuable but I don't have a lot of confidence in the Texans' backup RBs.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There wont be a 1st round pick traded for a RB before a season starts ever again.

12. binhie

binhie Member

I think OP just wanted to say that he thinks Dallas will win the Superbowl this year.

Regardless, Texans offense runs thru Foster. Without him, Texans are dead in the water. Saw that two years ago.

Dallas would have better luck getting Kniles Davis from KC and could easily get Lamar Miller from Miami as they've already given up on him. But with their OLine, I'm guessing they think they can make anyone McFadden/Randle/? look like a stud and as long as Romo continues his play from last year.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Why are Texans fans so quick to brush off Foster? Dude is the MVP imo. JJ can do as much as he wants, but if the offense isn't going anywhere, there's no point.

Foster makes so much happen out of nothing. We're all going to miss him when he's done here.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Because we're not winning a Superbowl right now and Foster will be lucky to play another season here after this one. A 1st round draft pick will be part of the team for a long time and is locked into a rookie deal. You would have two 1st rounders in 2016 you could use to move up and draft a QB with.

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It would be a $4.6 million cap hit to trade Foster. The Texans are currently $8.1 million under the cap so a trade would roughly take up half of their cap space for this season. Teams like to keep some money available in case of injuries/ late cuts by other teams so I can't see this happening. If we were going to trade him it would have happened before the draft.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hypothetical no.

We're in win-now mode.

18. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

Lol...win now with Brian hoyer or Ryan mallett (10 games and one and out if they make the playoffs)

And why is it every year there are a handful of knuckleheads who just think you trade players with ease in the nfl. They happen but rarely, and who do you propose...Alfred blue? That's like replacing grease with sand in a cog.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all would have said this about Forsett a few years ago. Then he went on to perform at a high level last year for Baltimore. RB's are like women, there's a never ending pool and they all age too fast.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Yea...not gonna happen Cowpatties...keep on dreaming...;)