1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why it would be stupid not to match tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets025, Jul 13, 2014.

1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Ariza should start if the other team has a star wing player. He's a great defender.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

durability? he played 77 games last year. We need more defense on the starting lineup. He provides that, Parsons doesn't. Beverley isn't exactly durable either and he's our starter.

Parsons would be perfect as 6th man off the bench with his offense ala Jeremy Lin except more consistent.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think it makes more sense to have Ariza start for defensive purposes and then close out quarters with small ball by bringing in Parsons for Jones. Plus, Parsons kinda did us dirty so sending him to the bench is a bit of payback.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

and 56 the year before that and 41 the year before that and 75 the year before that, and 72 the year before that and 35 the year before that, he almost always misses time for one reason or another, he's not a durable player.

5. dje243

dje243 Member

I'll be extremely disappointed with Les if he doesn't match. If he's serious about contending he has to fork over the cash.

6. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reading Mavs boards they still feel they are getting him and that Roxs won't match !!!!! We shall see !!!!!

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Some good points, but here's the big one. Imagine how dreamy he'd look in Maverick blue. OMG we can't let that happen!

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In 6 hours or less we'll know if the Rockets are punting on the season before it begins.

9. MisterMister

MisterMister Member

The Match people sound a whole lot the so called LOFs to me,Parsons had value at a million a year and Morey knew we were getting a steal.So Morey dropped his guards to reward Parsons and got Bam Boozerd!I hope every thread dose not turn into POFs or POHs like before.That was getting painful to deal with.Lin had value at 6-8 million not 15.Same deal ladies and gents.My Bad all genders.

10. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

so I guess it's stupid?

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You beat me to it. This sucks, unless we end up still signing a major player. Hell, it still sucks.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dork Elvis hanging onto Asik, overvaluing him to the point people were laughing at us....only to lose Asik/Parsons for a pick and Ariza...in an off season we were in a win-now mode.

"But...but...Parsons price tag wuz too high!!!":(:(

Whose fault was it to let him become a RFA? The overconfident douche was so confident that the market wouldn't agree with what Parsons thought he was worth.

13. roidrage

roidrage Member

The rockets have not had a good power forward since Otis Thorpe it's getting old forget parsons we need love even if harden is gone and then throw the rest at stephenson