1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. kemah

kemah Member

lol

He got minutes same as TJ but TJ started playing well where Dmo went to the crapper.

2. Progs

Progs Member

*flamesuit on* Would anyone else trade Dwight for Drummond right now?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Hahahahahahaha....no

Andre Drummond is NOT a good defensive player, he just gets a few blocks. And if you think Dwight is a bad finisher, Drummond is a joke on anything that isn't a dunk.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

If he continues to miss 1/3 of the games

I will for horford and milsap (don't mind giving up tjones too)

6. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Lol no. We are trying to win now and I'm just happy we got Dwight.

7. basketballholic

Keeping it real was me telling you that Terrence was a failure in the playoffs waiting to happen all last season.

Once again context and timing are important. What I said and meant was I would not trade DMo for Aldridge right now. Perhaps after this season with Aldridge freshly signed...perhaps. But not right now.

But...I did advocate trading Terrence for Aldridge or Love last season. When you and othere were fawning over Terrence and saying we can't win with Bev at point guard. Now there's some credibility. ;)

8. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

If we get like 2 1st rounders and KCP with him.

9. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I still laugh when I remember you saying Rubio is the greatest PG in a generation. smh

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Aren't we trying to win now

11. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

Thats because we have Dwight at 29 years old. Drummond needs alot work. He has serious potential tho, plus he is 21. Drummond +KCP and 2 potential lottery picks(Great trade chips) would def be seriously considered by Morey.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Because horford is the model of healthy through his career.:rolleyes:

13. kemah

kemah Member

Howard is DPOY material.

Dmo is not.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We Have both howard and Dmo under contract for atleast 1 more season after this one. I don't think we need to get rid of anyone. Dwight will be fine, if he's not playing the last 25 games of the season and playoffs then I'll be worried, but right now it's all just rest so he can be ready for the big games (playoffs).

Harden is good enough to win 50 games by himself so howard doesn't need to play every game especially now that dmo has turned into possible a top 10 big in the league if he can keep his play up. Add jones in the mix who started all last yr on a 54 win squad and u have a very dynamic and talented 3 man big rotation. All three bring something different to the table and it doesn't hurt that two of the three are 7 ft (dwight close enough) And jones is a big 6'9 with crazy wingspan and Athletism.

iOS nt get why so many ppl are worried about dwight. His first two games back we won and he avg 25 and 14 with like 3 blks. The NO game the whole team was tired, Dwight's still the best center in the game don't let some rest cloud you ppls mind into thinking we. Red to get rid of him for anyone. Let alone andre Drummond? Cmon this dude couldn't even get playing time in the world cup and he was the only true center on the team. Even plumlee played more than him lol and some of you want to trade dwight Howard for him. Dwight 29 he's. It old some of you are too young Hakeem didn't hit his stride till early 30s. MJ won his first title at 28.

As the great Aaron Rogers said "R-E-L-A-X"

15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Dwight is the perfect fit. The only problem is we have to cater to his ego by feeding him post touches.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Dwight needs to take the Tyson Chandler seat. Let Harden and DoMo do their things.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I've been "down on" Morey for not trying to win big last year with a past-his-prime Dwight and not signing anyone this summer (Lowry) while chasing an overrated bum like Carmelo that doesn't even fit here. He likely "stuck with a talented guy" in DMo because he couldn't find an alternative that improved the team while preserving "flexibility", and because DMo had no real trade value until this year. Let's be clear, it most likely had little to do with him "believing in" DMo as anything more than a trade asset. Just like he kept Asik on the team after signing Dwight because he couldn't get a king's ransom for him in a trade. If he wanted to move Asik to help our 54-win, homecourt playoff team last year, he could have. Instead, we're left with (maybe, maybe no) Lotto Pick, who has yet to grab a single rebound. In other words, winning big was secondary last year as well as this year until a "3rd star" was acquired. Daryl basically said this himself in the aftermath of letting Parsons walk. "Not wanting to stabilize" by adding valuable contributors that aren't on 1-year/minimum deals means you're not prioritizing winning in the present. With a maxed out Harden and Howard, that's not something I can easily accept.

I know Morey is good at his job, and I've said as much many times. He's the best GM in the league, the most valuable asset the team has, blah blah blah. I just don't agree that you need to assemble a dream team lineup before you can seriously commit to filling in needed gaps and trying to win a title. I would actually be pretty excited about the team we have now if I didn't know Daryl was probably just positioning the team for a trade to acquire a bigger name at some point in the future. It has basically been spelled out for you already - we won't make an effort to help out this year's team (and coach) who are busting their asses to get an amazing record unless we know the player(s) we acquire can be flipped again at the trade deadline. It's like he has to build a dynasty before winning one championship.

1 person likes this.
  18. clutz

clutz Member

Well, it was nice having a confident, contributing Dmo while it lasted. Back to the drawing board...

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

he will be playing 25 minutes a game regardless and against 2nd unit players. his confidence will be fine. i promise you if he gets those minutes, and there is no reason he wont, while they continue to pile up wins he will be fine.

pf + c minutes = 96 total minutes

smith 30 minutes +
    howard 35 minutes = 65 minutes

96 - 65 = 31 minutes

Pretty simple

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hopefully Morey talked to DMo before this move to get him on board, that is what good managers do.

DD

1 person likes this.