1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans should change logo/uniform scheme.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

I am tired of seeing the generic themed uniforms the Texans have put out there. It is almost reminiscent to the Rocket pinstripes, they look so irrelevant. Almost like a second class team with those outdated hideous uniforms. From the numbers to the model types, they need a new sharp and refreshing change from a marketing standpoint.

The reason I brought this thread up is because a few months back; I noticed a lot of Texans gear on sale and it was to the point where a Texans Reebok duffle bag was listed as 7.99...I know the team's playoff predicament have put them in this situation but is there something more to it? I remember when the Rockets were in transition to change uniforms, the previous merchandise all went low as well. Anybody with any insight into this topic?

I know this might seem like a useless or pointless thread. Please lock it if it is. Thank you.

2. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I have no problem with the look...I think the fact that we haven't won much of anything in them makes them seem ugly...kinda like the Clippers...people associate that logo/uniform with failure.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The uniforms are pretty generic and unimaginative.

[​IMG]

The red on the far right is absolutely awesome looking.

I'm all for a new uniform design that utilizes more red and WAY less blue.

We are Houston. Rockets are red, Astros are red, Cougars are red, Texans should be red. Let Dallas have blue.

In fact, I'd be perfectly happy if they wore uni #6 at all home games and uni #5 on the road.

I wonder what it would look like if they tried white shirt (w/ blue numbers and red trim) with red pants...

#3 DonnyMost, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I actually don't mind the uniforms. It's the logo I'm not a fan of. Something is just awkward about the split colors.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I think you guys are putting way too much thought into the uniforms. The fact of the matter is that it is a football uniform. Look around the league. They are all pretty utilitarian and boring.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I could jump on that band wagon.

I was also a proponent of a more . . .astro, rockets, comets, dynamo type of a name
    but alas . .. the TEXANS name was another disappointment

Rocket River

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like the name and jerseys. One thing they actually got right.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

couldnt disagree more. dumbest name in the nfl. should have paid whatever it took to buy Oilers name from bud.

9. Astro101

Astro101 Member

All red, all the time.

10. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

Man the name is pretty embarrassing.

I love the way the Colts uniforms look. Classy yet simple.

Texans = expansion team trying too hard to look cool yet look pathetic and boring.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The name "Texans" is actually kinda cool.

It is sort of throw back in how it is purely local flavor with no overriding point of emphasis or caricature.

Sort of like baseball teams.

The yankees, the red, the phillies... etc

Using a bull was pretty much an obvious choice, unfortunately the Texans outward reputation is more like...

[​IMG]

instead of

[​IMG]

12. Win

Win Contributing Member

I've never liked the Texans name and/or logo - too generic. The uniforms are just more of the same generic fare except for the battle red combos. That said, I'll always support a Houston pro team no matter the name or logo.

OTOH, I've liked some of the things the 'Stros have done with their unis. They are usualy very classy and 'The Astros' is a first rate and unique name.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont mind the logo, but the jerseys are pretty generic. No identity

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The name is great. The uniforms are great.

It's just that the team sucks.

15. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I don't see anything wrong with the name Texans...sure it could have been something worse, but I'm just happy it's not an animal. I dunno, Bengals, Dolphins, Ravens, Falcons, Jaguars, Panthers, and Seahawks?...I don't really like any of these names...but like in any sport...a team get's it's reputation on how they play, and not on what they're named.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This

The uniforms and logo are alright. The blue is too dark. Maybe could be more New York Giants blue. Other than that they're okay.

I'd place them in the top-third in the league. People really do like the Texans uniform. They just havent held people's interest cuz of no playoffs.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This would have been a good thread to have in 2002.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans is all right, it would be better if they chose a name that matched the space theme of the Astros and Rockets.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

They considered the Houston Apollos. I thought that was a sweet name, but it didn't go over well, for some reason.

Whatever.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Probably paganistic? I think it will remind people of carl weathers first and the greek god second.

Anyways let's not talk about a uni change until we get a winning season and get in the playoffs. Who's going to buy a fresh uniform of a 7-9 or 8-8 team?