1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 4.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., Apr 22, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ord-Mock-Draft&ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_fordmock

1 person likes this.
  2. lionaire

lionaire Member

WOW Hood @ 26 would be amazing!!!

3. CertifiedTroll

I must be dreamin', oh lawd.

4. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Warren or Anderson would be great.

5. what

what Member

Julius Randle at 6 is WAY too low. In my mind, if I was drafting #1, I'd probably take Julius Randle. It would be close between him and Wiggins. At the very least Randle would be the #2 pick on my draft board.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Adjust the draft so that the Lakers and Celtics get the #1 and #2 picks.

7. what

what Member

I also think some team is going to be really ecstatic with Marcus Smart. I like him more than just about anybody on the board.

1. Wiggins
    2. Randle
    3. Smart

The freaks of nature are tempting, namely: Exum, Parker, Ebiid, but I'd rather have those guys as my top 3.

I think Smart is going to be beast. He is going to be a GREAT pg in this league.

8. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Šarić and Hezonja are huge steals at #12 and #27, respectively. Šarić has been flirting with a triple-double in almost every game he's played in for the past three months. Hezonja hasn't been playing much for Barcelona, but he only turned 19 recently and this is what he does when he gets the opportunity:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LzlNc2PkxqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

26 points in 21 minutes. I think he'll opt out of the draft and go in the lottery next season after he proves himself in Barcelona.

Btw, Nurkić is a scam (#21 pick), a big body, but not very intelligent and his conditioning is pretty bad. I'm also surprised to see that Bogdan Bogdanović isn't on this mock, he's a keeper.

9. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

I see Smart being a bust in the league.

10. Willard Decker

I agree, as the Rockets are slated to pick at twenty five.

Randle's offensive game is extremely limited. He has almost no use of his right hand and repeatedly tries to force his way into the paint, a strategy that won't work in the NBA because Randle won't have the advantage of being bigger than most of the players defending him. Additionally, his lack of explosiveness and below-average wingspan will make it difficult for him to get his shot off against athletic power forwards.

Randle's ball-handling ability is advanced for a player of his size and build, and his rebounding at both ends is excellent. But maybe more than any other player in the draft, his success or failure will hinge on his being drafted by the team and having players around him who compliment his strengths and compensate for his weaknesses.

Parker doesn't belong in that group, as his athleticism is limited compared to other players expected to be drafted high. What separates Parker from his peers is his maturity and his knowledge of the game, which surpasses most nineteen-year-old men. Although I believe he's more athletic than most people realize, he's most certainly not a freak of nature and shouldn't be compared to either Embiid or Exum.

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

that's what i meant no need to try to be clever youngin

12. Willard Decker

Excuse me? I'm probably much older than you.

13. rockets13champs

Could we some how trade up and draft exum?

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Not without trading Harden or Dwight. A ton of future firsts would do it, but I don't see Morey handicapping himself like that.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just what we need, more young inexperienced players starting.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am biased but I would love to see the Rockets snag Jordan Adams out of UCLA with the 25th pick

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I promise to give up my first born to make this happen

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Damn breh, Mrs. Voice of Aus will kick your butt. :p

19. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Mock Draft 6.0 is here. Andrew Wiggins is No. 1. http://es.pn/1jpRYLp (insider)

Can an insider help me please