1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA admits missed call on Dwight Howard in overtime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xxfresh, Apr 21, 2014.

1. xxfresh

xxfresh Member

Didn't see it posted, but lock if i'm late. thanks!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-houston-rockets-game-1-controversy/7977365/

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Just shut the hell up nba.

3. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Gee thanks. Couldn't replay that one?

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Gee, thanks NBA! This definitely makes up for the call, and possibly costing us the game! Now I feel better!

NBA....admitting when they're wrong, and doing nothing about it.

5. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

I wonder when the NBA is going to also admit it missed the foul on Howard when he threw down Freeland after the missed FT?

It was a complete crap call, but Howard should have fouled out the play before. My guess is the refs realized they blew it and made one of those horrendous makeup fouls.

6. TheresTheDagger

NBA admits what everyone already knew but still won't do anything about it.

Its kind of like a judge telling everyone that a criminal that a jury found overwhelmingly guilty will still go free.

Yes we know he screwed up. Oh well.

7. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

history tell it all
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_-FLHKsbWkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

9. TheresTheDagger

A Blazer fan trying to justify his teams luck. SMH.

What I find amusing is that there are any number of non-calls both sides can point to in any game.

What you and other Blazer fans CAN'T do here is point to a blatantly blown call that was made by the official in the final 10 seconds that resulted in a potential 3 point swing in the score in a (at the time) 1 point game.

The NBA realizes this and has decided to start acknowledging game changing calls at the end of the game. Admit you got the benefit and we can all move on.

Keep acting like it had nothing to do with the final outcome, and all you'll do is piss people off here.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I wonder if they will also say aldridge and batum should have been given techs for charging the refs, while beverley got one for walking away laughing.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

maxiepad...please take that ish over to blazer's edge. thx

12. dragician

dragician Member

that was clear that it was a make up call for the foul called against Lopez that initiated by Dho.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Let it turn to something else.

Let it TURN......to something else.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

ISNT THE FIRST TIME THE ROCKETS HAVE GOTTEN ****ED OVER IN A PLAYOFF SERIES LEMME KNOW IF I CAN BREATH ON LMA

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

and the outrage will last a whole few seconds.

"hey sorry about your dog.. my bad. But here's his carcass and a strongly worded apology"

WE COOL RIGHT?

1 person likes this.
  16. yunac010

yunac010 Member

There's really no point in the league making these announcements. I'm sure there was more than one wrong call/no call in the game, are they going to review everything? And it's not like they're going to do anything about it.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The home-cooking in Game 2 will be lovely. Can't wait!

18. conquistador#11

adding the third little mouse really made officiating worse. they should go back to 2 men crew.

19. torocan

torocan Member

Home cooking in game 2 won't help. It's already a home game where we're supposed to already have home cooking.

Now if we got home cooking in Portland for game 3... that I might get excited.

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Calls are always missed in NBA games. When the Refs screw up in the early part of the game, you feel the team has time to overcome the bad call. When the bad call comes in the final seconds of the game, the team is just screwed. I wouldn't mind some kind of instant replay to review fouls for the final minutes of a game. Maybe just for the playoffs.