1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff dates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Apr 14, 2014.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Anybody have any idea what days Game A and B will be on? I have a friend coming in from college this weekend and I want to get us tickets to one of the games because his birthday was yesterday. I just need to know which one will be on Saturday or Sunday or if any of them will be.

I know this isn't really thread worthy just looking for a quick answer.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBA won't release the schedule until after the last games Wednesday.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Game A will be on Saturday or Sunday, the playoff schedule announced on Weds night after all of the games are over.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Okay sweet so I should buy game 1 tickets

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fwiw, here is my educated guess.....

here is the TV schedule, all CT

SAT
    ABC 2-4:30PM
    ESPN 4:30PM-7PM
    ESPN 7PM-9:30PM
    ESPN 9:30PM-12AM

SUN
    TNT 12PM-2:30PM
    ABC 2:30PM-5PM
    TNT 6PM-8:30PM
    TNT 8:30PM-11PM

If it follows the same format as previous years, TNT gets first dibs on what games to pick up. I can see TNT picking up our series since they aired 2 of the Rockets/Blazers games, with the 1/20 game being a late pickup after they dropped a Lakers game. If that's the case, we will be the 6PM or 8:30PM game on Sunday, I see there is NO WAY they lead us with the Sunday noon game.

If TNT passes us, we'll be on ESPN on Saturday being the 4:30PM or 7PM game.

I can see the LAC game being a lock for the 9:30pm slot on Sat since I don't see the Spurs, OKC, us, and none of the east teams having the late west coast time slot.

For comparison, Game 1 vs. OKC last year was the last TNT and playoff game played on a Sunday at 8:30PM, but our series was attractive because of the whole Harden returning to face OKC story.

Btw, since all 16 teams are set in stone, with the home teams locked, I wouldn't be surprised if the schedule leaked before the last game of the season on Wednesday

6. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Hopefully not Sunday night!