1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fight song?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Apps, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Apps

Apps Member

This might not be a very relevant stretch in this team's history to be asking this question, but should the Texans have a fight song (current ineptitude aside)?

I mean, is the best we can really do Clay Walker and Slim Thug? I feel like we should have a more traditional sounding fight song. Then again, maybe there is one and I'm just not aware of it, having never attended a Texans game? I just think that a fight song would cement our place in the league and make the fans feel a little more like the Texans are forging a tradition for themselves in the context of the rest of the NFL. You know, give us a bit of "history".

And just to address it now, I know some people will get upset and say that history should be gotten by Super Bowls, but there are several teams out there with traditional fight songs and no Super Bowl (e.g. Eagles, Vikings, Chargers, Browns).

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They tried to implement a "traditional" fight song in year 2 or 3 (don't remember), and it wasn't "well received".

I think the same people that ensure the roof is closed for every game had something to do with it.

I agree that its time to move on from the "Football time in Houston" song... it was really only there by default, and its outlived its usefulness.

3. Major

Major Member

Instead of a fight song, how about letterman jackets? That would be unique!

[​IMG]

4. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

^I'm still shaking my head

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This is the official Texans fight song.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/4Iua1oHych4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/4Iua1oHych4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  7. Apps

Apps Member

That old fight song must have been pretty terrible to have people pining for the Clay Walker song. It seemed almost unanimous that a fight song in general would not be tolerated back then!

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans #1. Everybody now.

9. ThaShark316_28

If you want to be synonymous with mediocrity, using a Houston Oilers song is the way to go.

10. msn

msn Member

don't you mean battlefight song?

11. Raven

Raven Member

Seems appropriate.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_R2734wYgSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

We should use this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tfZjM7VkRc8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Agreed. See my sig, its the best Texans song there is. They just need to edit it a bit, and take out the players names.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow, that's really....

That's really awful.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It was either that or the Def Leppard song. I'm glad Bob McNair went with Slim Thug and Paul Wall. And Z Ro.

16. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Anything other then the awful Bulls On Parade song. The fans hate it, the players have said they hate it, I cant imagine McNair or Kubiak are RATM fans. Why is this song continually played?

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5r0HTV7WkQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>