1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are bandwagoners always the most vocal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fatty FatBastard, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Fatty FatBastard

I know we all see it. People who never cared one lick for this team when they were .500 seem to come out and wax idiotic to national, and even local shows, right now.

Do they sreen intelligent Houston fans out and try and catch the morons that they can prove their biased point to?

I'm flustered, and irritated that this has been an almost regular occurence on all 4 sports-radio stations in Houston.

And, yes, I have done call-in shows before. I busted Russ Small enough to let people realize he did zero research on football, and I was ridiculed on a 610 promo about Texas Tech.

I know a good amount about the Rockets, and I'd have no problem talking about them. BUT I'd rather have someone as vocal as me do it, though, with good historical research, if there are any.

If not, I'll go on and do my usual Fatty BS that really doesn't mean much until I catch someone who is wrong. (And they always are...)

2. LouisianaRocket

Well not all of the people coming out of the wood works are bandwagon fans... I was court side every home game with my grandfather during the championship runs as a kid. With the firing of Van Gundy, I once again been able to enjoy this team even if this winning streak came or not. The streak just makes it that much sweeter

3. NWSideRyan

NWSideRyan Member

Dude, sports coverage is not much different than the coverage news outlets will give to a natural disaster such as a 'cane or twister.

Phase 1.) Look for the least educated person whose tooth count equals last grade level completed.
    Phase 2.) Get this peson to talk and sign a release.
    Phase 3.) Profit

Train wrecks sell and stuff, I suppose.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Bandwagoneers follow the thing that is most popular because it's in the limelight. They crave attention and wish to feed off of the energy of what's going on. Why is that hard to understand?

Anyone that's been around isn't going to be too loud because we know we'll be there again as fans when things go awry. We're humble, they're not.

What ev.

5. i hate the mavs

i think it's hilarious.. i look on facebook and everyone's status is about the rocekts and their streak, it's really whack that it takes something as absurd as a 21 win streak to get them to watch a game or even take pride in our team

<object width='425' height='366'><param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/cp/vjVQa1PpcFO-Z_ehN89faO1a30zwZc0ZeFp3hGxbXDw='></param><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></params><embed src='http://www.youtube.com/cp/vjVQa1PpcFO-Z_ehN89faO1a30zwZc0ZeFp3hGxbXDw=' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='425' height='366'></embed></object>

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, they were funny back in 1994 and 1995.

"Hey, the Rockets are so great!"
    "Umm, do you know any of the player's names?"
    "Sure, there's that guy from Africa, Nakim."
    "Anyone else?"
    "Who does Michael Jordan play for? Is he on the team?"
    "No, he's on another team. Do you watch a lot of basketball?"
    "Sure. I especially like when the game is down to the final inning, it's 4th and goal, and the team puts on the full court press."

Seriously, I knew someone where I worked who actually asked how many innings are in a basketball game.

7. kops630

kops630 Rookie

A real good team only care themselves,nothing could stop them to gain a win. :D