1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joel Embiid. Would you take him over Wiggins and Parker?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by donatas, Nov 25, 2013.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Would have been insane to stay for another year with the injury concerns and so much being based on potential development.

2. Progs

Progs Member

Good.

3. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

I just hope LA doesn't get there hands on em…that would suck

4. Progs

Progs Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/JumariTraylur">@JumariTraylur</a> huh??</p>&mdash; Joel-Hans Embiid (@jojo_embiid) <a href="https://twitter.com/jojo_embiid/statuses/449149141802041344">March 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's a no-brainer. He's projected by many to be the #1 overall pick in a loaded draft. I don't think his stock could get any higher. Might as well cash in right now.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well personally for me he needs to think of whether he's really just a flash in the pan or is he someone actually good enough to be a superstar in the NBA. If he doesn't think he's good enough to be an actual star than yeah, cash in now. Otherwise it might be better if he waits one year and enjoy the college life, he might not have a chance to do so later on.

More importantly he'll get a chance to work on his game, and solidify himself on a weaker college environment. If you think about it what if Drummond waited one year? For sure his talent would have bloomed and he would've been the number 1. Although I think Drummond playing in a dysfunctional team has something to do with him declaring, I dunno if the same is true with Embiid.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Saw on Twitter that Embiid is holding a press conference and will declare.

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to next year's draft. Okafor is the real deal.

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

Man. I want Joel to stay so Myles Turner commits to SMU.

F***. Myles is a lock for KU now.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will be an interesting rookie season, feel like he really would've needed more college experience. His first one or two years could be dreadful.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Joel Embiid made it official what had been assumed for months and declared for the NBA draft after one season with the Kansas Jayhawks, a season that came to a premature end due to a back injury, but the 7-foot center still has a shot to be the top pick in this year’s draft.

The Cameroon native wasn’t even the top freshman on his own team as that distinction went to the much-ballyhooed Andrew Wiggins who could go No. 1 too, but his impressive footwork, outside shot and upside has one NBA scout telling Alex Kennedy that he sees him as a combination of Hall of Famer’s Hakeem Olajuwon and Patrick Ewing.

Per Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders:

“He has had the biggest impact on this draft so far. Entering the season, the conversation was about Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker and Julius Randle, and then scouts starting falling for Embiid. Scouts were falling in love with him and then looking over their shoulder hoping that no other teams were noticing how great he looked. Obviously, he kept improving and the secret got out. He’s able to do so many things at his size that nobody else can. He has amazing footwork, great athleticism, nice touch and a beautiful stroke on his shot. He may have the highest upside in the draft because he still has so much room to grow. His footwork reminds me of Hakeem Olajuwon and his power, outside shot and skills remind me a little of Patrick Ewing. He could be really, really good.”

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

The only sure fire star prospect if healthy in this year's draft IMO.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Here are some highlights from the workout everybody has been raving about. Looks impressive. If his back is not red flagged, I'm not sure you can pass this guy up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gp7PX7hYUFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#173 vator, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Wow Embid looks awesome. I would love to know what his stats would have been for the pre draft camp, especially his vertical, wingspan, standing reach and bench press.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No way he's not the top pick if his back checks out (and it looks fine). Too much skill with too much upside.

16. split41

split41 Member

I would still take wiggins.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Embiid all the way. He looks like what a prototypical center in today's NBA. Mobile, able to shoot, a defensive force. Unless you are sure Wiggins/Parker are gonna be the next Lebron I would take Embiid.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Nerf hoop!

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he had no injury concerns, I would take him with the 1st pick without hesitation.
    He has the potential to be the best big man, since Duncan.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Oh lawd

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Joel Embiid has suffered a foot injury, sources told ESPN. Extent still unknown: <a href="http://t.co/K6lP8x86MT">http://t.co/K6lP8x86MT</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/statuses/479646371339722752">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>