1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform tweak for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed. The jersey cut is really underrated in terms of importance of how the uniform looks with most attention to the colors, typography and logo. I prefer the Nike cut as well with the V neckline. They just look more fitted.

2. macho87

macho87 Member

I like the Knicks old school look over the v neck stlye. That looks too wnba

3. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

They don't look too bad. Great job SevenMinuteAbs. This is way better than anything I could come up with . Lol

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Of course Parsons gets to call the fashion shots. He is here to stay.

5. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Hope not - that logo's atrocious.

6. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

The "we still have partners revenue in China and we need to appease them" excuse for why the uni's can't be updated is ridiculous. You can keep appealing to that market with an updated look, that they badly need.

Les got cute and hired a Hollywood movie set costume designer to come up with the new branding 10 years ago instead of nike, reebok, adidas or another sports apparel expert. The fact that no one on his staff has urged him to update the franchise branding is somewhat appalling, but maybe Les is tied to them.

7. bmd

bmd Member

I like the logo. Uniforms could be better.

8. dream2franchise

I think the only thing Adidas would have carried over from Nike are the collars. The actual fit of the jersey would be based on Adidas patterns. The Knicks jerseys look great from a fit stand point for example, but I just think they botched the Rockets one when it was actually a good opportunity for Adidas to tighten the jersey up a little. I could be wrong though.

9. flipmode

flipmode Member

bored at work, took a stab at a modernized logo that feels like a sports team. both very rough as i'm learning illustrator/design... one in grayscale to let yall play with color as you wish. (better be ketchup & mustard though! :grin:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. flipmode

flipmode Member

[​IMG] colorized

11. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Has there been anymore news on the uniform changes next season. Seems we should get official word sooner than later.

12. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

this team is a little star trek-ish...

13. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Be patient :grin:

14. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

Yea, I really hope they get rid of the giant R too. I know it is supposed to appear as if it is blasting off, but it just looks like blood dripping.

15. bmd

bmd Member

I disagree. When it's outlined correctly, it looks fine.

[​IMG]

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Damn it! I hate uniform threads and I hate the fact that we have to have uniform threads and I hate the fact that we ever changed uniforms. This should be the uniform of the Houston Rockets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Make some tweaks if you want, but they should be marginal and barely noticeable.

If you want to be a champion, freaking dress like a champion.

17. bmd

bmd Member

So being a champion has to do with uniforms?

I mean, the Rockets wore ketchup and mustard for like 30 years before they ever won a championship.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What i dont understand is their reluctance to wear the 94 jerseys one night. I don't even think we have ever worn them since 95. We've only worn the other retro with similar colors (rudyt era). I don't care how much Les spends, but his decision making on the uniforms has always been terrible.

19. TISNF

TISNF Member

Huh? They've worn the throwbacks from the early 90s numerous times.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Hmm....you're right, they have..it's been a long day :eek:... but what about since Yao left?