1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Celebrity Networth] Instead Of Going Broke Like Most Retired NBA Players, Junior Bridgeman...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedEyesKirby, Apr 9, 2014.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

IMHO it really just depends on whether the athlete listens to his "homeboys" for advice. In this guy's case being a marginal NBA player might've been better for him because the scammers and fake friends left him alone, whereas multi millionaires like AI and Antoine Walker lost so much money gambling with their boys and putting funds in "recommended" investments. IIRC Dwade lost a ton of money investing in some kind of BBQ restaurant chain lol.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get off Fox News dude. The Obama administration wants nothing of the sort.

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lets do a clutchfans fast food restaurant groupbuy?

4. Yellow

Yellow Member

Going broke when you make that kind of money is inexcusable, absolutely inexcusable. A person can live with less than 1k a year and you are telling me guys go broke when making millions?? Give me a break, I don't feel sorry for anyone who has become 'rich', is selfish enough to live the material lifestyle and then goes 'broke'. Investment or not, always keep money aside. Yes this guy got lucky and the article is disingenuous so that's beside the point.

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

$1,000 a year or per month?

Props to you if you only need that much a year.

6. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

I'm good friends with his son. Son is VERY humble...drives around in a Honda Accord...you'd never know that his father was worth 400 million. I was living in Chicago, and his son was a manager of one of the Chili's restaraunts his father owned.

7. conquistador#11

so many stories about the iversons and antoine walkthethreepointers that it's refreshing to hear the successful ones. Also John rocker, rocket arm and part time racist, also has made a nice living of real estate after those years spent pitching.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I disagree. He invested in something that he knew about and spent lots of time working there to master the business. I don't mind him getting the praise because he appears to be one of the most successful ones. I have seen other athletes who make a ton of money from non-sports related businesses get the same type of love, like Bing or Magic. I think going from salaries of 350K max to a net worth of $400M is pretty amazing, and rare for athletes.