1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philosophy] What if?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Jan 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Have any of y'all had any "what if" moments in life? There is so much I ponder on sometimes, thinking if I had only done this, or done that, then things may have turned out differently. For example, what if I had not bought that car, or what if I had said/done things differently in a relationship (see http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=159461)? There are the types of things I ponder, err hate to say regret, on constantly during the day...I guess too much free time.

Maybe I could have done some things differently that may have had a different outcome in my life. Not necessarily for the better, but there may have been a different outcome. Right now, I've been pondering a lot about my ex, there could have been things I could have said or done that may have resulted in a different outcome. I was just wondering, have any of y'all had any "what if" moments?

/Philosophy!

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I had a what if moment after watching "horton hears a who"

3. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

wat if we all had 1 million dollars

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

consumer good prices would equalize? lol

5. drumbum

drumbum Member

This isn't philosophy, it's more speculation.

Regardless of that, everyone has thoughts like those, but at the end of the day, in my opinion there may have been positives that came out from those decisions you made, and although they aren't visible to you now, they may become more apparent in the future.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What if the Rockets could grab a rebound in game 7 2007 against the Jazz. What if... :(

7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

:( :( way to put me in a depressing mood.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-6gY2eCsZ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-6gY2eCsZ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What if God was one of us?

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I pray those two words are not my last two words.

-

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

At least his son posts here. :eek:

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What if c-a-t really spelled dog?

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I had a professor in a design class once who taught us the design process is an endless loop of conceptualization, implementation and evaluation that is only limited by the money we can get from the client to pay for it.

You, design your life. You get ideas you think you want to try, you try them and then you evaluate their results so that you can do the same thing or something else when a similar situation arises. Regret, is giving yourself a negative evaluation. It won't change the past but it should be filed away to influence your choices in the future.

No need to over stress about it but it should be a part of the process. If it isn't you are probably a sociopath.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It sounds corny but if you do what you feel is right at all times in your life then you can be content with the past, even if what you did was wrong.

16. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Whoah! The Lambdas are impressed, but weren't you left here to "nerdsit"?

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Go ahead you can laugh all you want
    I got my philosophy
    (Keeps my feet on the ground)
    And I trust it like the ground
    And thats why my philosophy
    It keeps me walking when I'm falling down

18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

The past is the past.....that's why its called the past. Learn from it, atone for it, but don't dwell on it.