1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assassin's Creed III Set in the American Revolution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Feb 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/29/rumor-assassins-creed-3-takes-place-during-american-revolution/

[​IMG]

Caught me a little off guard, but I'm starting to like the idea. The main character would need to wear something else though... that just looks too weird.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That is really confusing because the 3rd Assassins Creed took place in Europe and mostly in Rome. I have the 4th Assassins Creed but have not started playing it yet but I suspect it picks up where 3 left off which is at the Collosium in Rome.

The 4th one (which I haven't played yet) is called Revelations. The 3rd one was Brotherhood.

#2 crash5179, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

This will be EPIC!!!!!!

4. RedRedemption

Assassin's Creed
    Assassin's Creed 2
    --Assassin's Creed (2): Brotherhood
    --Assassin's Creed (2): Revelations
    Assassin's Creed 3

Note that each arc (1,2,3 has their own main character with 1 being Altair, 2 being Ezio, and 3 being this Native American dude with all of them being experienced through the eyes of Desmond)

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Revelations takes place mostly in Constantinople. I don't get why it should be confusing. The first one took place in the Holy Land. AC II an it's sequels took place in Italy and Constantinople. Revelations is the last game in the Ezio storyline. They need a new ancestor in AC III for Desmond to connect with and since Desmond is American and comes from a long line of Assassin's, it makes sense that they'd do on in some point in American history (Assassin's would've had to have come over here at some point).

Also, at the end of Revelations
    Miles and Co. are looking for the "Central Vault" which is in upstate New York. So it makes sense that the last protagonist maybe be someone who's found the vault and lived nearby.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Not France during the reign of Louis XIV?

Not Victorian London?

Not WWII occupied Paris?

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i played the first two and i started playing brotherhood and havent even looked at revealations but i think i rather play ac3 than finish the other two if its nothing major to the overall storyline of the franchise.

8. Cannonball

They are. If you don't want to play them, at least hit up the AC Wiki and read the synopsis.

I honestly think Brotherhood is the best game in the series so far. All are very good games which is no small feat since ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations, and ACIII all came out a year apart from each other. That's a damned quick turnaround for a brand new game but as far as I can tell, the quality hasn't suffered.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

When you play through Revelations you'll see this character and setting make sense. I'm glad they are moving out of Europe, but the rumor of the next installment taking place in ancient China with a female assassin sounded awesome. I just hope they take the gameplay in new directions...nothing radical, just to new levels. All the previous games have been fun, but it is becoming repetitive. Combat I think is still a weak point. And I'd like to see the upgrades and money system to be more meaningful and impactful.

10. RedRedemption

Its major for sure haha.

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I wanna play as Mel Gibson.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Are these long games? I've never really paid attention to the series but looking through the catalog of Assassin Creed games it looks like fun. I'm thinking about starting from the beginning and just playing through all of them.

13. Yao11

Yao11 Member

I'm sold.

14. Cannonball

Maybe 15 hours or a little less if you do only what's needed to complete the story. Up to 30+ if you want to do a lot of the optional stuff. Playing normally for me, not necessarily trying to do everything, I probably spent around 20-25 hours per game before I beat them.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Assassin's Creed IV: Club 54

:rolleyes:

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Thats not so bad. As long as its not like the Uncharted series where I can beat it in a weekend. As much as I love that series its just too short.

17. Cannonball

I think it took me a little over a week to finish Revelations, playing a couple hours a night, more when the ending was in sight. It probably took me about the same amount when I replayed ACII.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I really didn't want it to come to this but it just has too. Had they gone to the first civilization they would eventually need to go forward.
    So it is what it is however it looses its authentic old feel i think at this point.
    Still love the series and cant wait.

19. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I hope eventually it reaches the modern era, and he is running around assassinating people in downtown Detroit or something.

20. Christopher

Christopher Member

I played the second game in the series. This....I dont know....it kinda feels weird.