1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Good catch. LOL

HardenTime couldn't have watched that game.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like what I've seen so far from old Brock. Looking good under pressure.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You people are all idiots. I'm talking to the Osweiler haters and Savage starters.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Cliett sighting!

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Brian Hoyer lit up this joke of a Saints D last season. Never Forget!

8. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Osweiller reminds me a bit of Kosar with his height and frequent sidearm throws. Os is also fearless in the pocket, as Kosar was.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PFF: HOU QBs threw uncatchable balls to DeAndre Hopkins on 17% of his targets last year. Osweiler was only off-target on 9% of his throws.</p>&mdash; Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/771054658898923521">August 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I didnt know where else to put this.

Watching that game last night the announcers were ridiculous. They went out of their way to praise Siemien's game. While it wasn't a terrible game on his part (I know only 1 of the 2 INT was his fault) It wasn't the stellar game they praised either.

"WOW his athleticism!" - (after a 4 yd scramble for 1st down)
    "I don't think people realize how hard to be accurate there can be" - (after a pass to the flats on a bubble screen)

I think the real reason it upset me is how two-face they are. All of Brock's wins last year are attributed to the elite Denver defense, but this was all Siemien and not CJ anderson and the Denver D playing out of their minds.

They even went so far as to bring up the fact that "I'm sure no one can question Elway now" and "After Osweiler TOOK THE MONEY AND RAN, they knew they still had this guy and were able to save that money and keep CJ anderson, thomas, and Sanders"

Sorry to vent, if I am the only one that saw this and was just not looking forward to what they say about Brock when we win but he throws 2TD's and 2 INTs for same yards as Siemien, and they say how terrible he is.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My eyes did a 360 roll when they mentioned how difficult of a throw it was on that pass to the flats. There was definitely some bias going on...and yes, Siemian played well, but they made him to be a complete stud.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The anti-Brock (anti-Houston) narrative has been consistent from the media ever since he signed.

At first, they were touting Mark Sanchez... because he was the guy that super-genius Elway actually tabbed to take over. Then they touted their acquisition of Paxton Lynch (along with another Denver SI cover) because of course he's the next Elway.

Now, they have to tout the new guy... regardless of how he does... because that's how narratives work.

What is actually more annoying is that Elway continues to get credit for more than he's actually done. Kubiak actually has his prints all over this offense/scheme, while Wade is continuing to plug/play his system (which will typically show regression).

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

It sucks, because, nothing against Siemien, but now after hearing all this I started to want him to throw INTs. I guess if Brock can just stud out that would be awesome. Just not looking forward to them over criticizing his every missed completion when they do the opposite for Siemien.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I honestly stopped paying attention to the game and just started listening to how they described every play. I was honestly waiting for them to praise how well he handed the ball off on that goal line TD by CJ.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Siemien will probably be on the cover of SI this week. He'll be the 4th Denver QB to grace that cover in the last calendar year... I'm surprised Sanchez didn't get a cover when they acquired him.

Denver is Golden State-lite when it comes to the media love. They know the public mostly despises the Patriots, they know that there's still some underlying non-football issues as to why the public hasn't fully embraced Carolina (cam) or Seattle (Russel), and they know that Pittsburgh and Green Bay do not need much media help to stoke their already loyal followings.

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

That's funny. I agree now that you mention it, I always had Golden State as the Seahawks of BBall. Just on the fact that they were terrible and non existent for so long over in their tiny corners of the West coast. Win one championship and are now all anyone talks about.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Speaking of... did anybody recognize last night's version of Gary Kubiak? He looks like a totally different coach, and I mean that in a good way. He didn't throw a wet blanket over Siemian after the early struggles (hell ,that he chose Siemian to start at all); he skipped the tie to go for it on 4th down with 10 minutes left, and the offense looks like it has evolved a bit. I was pretty impressed, overall. Denver is good.

19. rezdawg

As a side note, just because I want to show everyone how miserable my sports life can be...

My wife's family is from the Bay Area, but her parents moved to Denver when they entered the states in the 70's. They are insane Broncos fans, but also huge Warriors fans because they live in the Bay.

I have to hear them yap all day and night about their teams...and with the media jumping all over both of these teams, things can get unbearable. I really wanted Denver to lose last night, instead I was flooded with text messages regarding the greatness of the Broncos franchise. Blowing my brains out was a viable option.

20. rezdawg

True, although, he still doesnt watch game ending kicks. :grin: