1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum - not interested in Magic, could be interested in Houston in 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2012.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Maybe Bynum and Howard talk. Howard asks Bynum to leak that so Orlando would think twice about trading Howard to L.A for Bynum (where Bynum probably doesn't want to play). Hmmm, all of a sudden the Nets trade package looks a little better.

Superman wins

2. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

Look we have to make a move for Bynum or Howard. If Bynum wants to come then get something done now.

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I would welcome Bynum with open arms. You can definitely build a championship team around Bynum. 20-10 guy easily who is also a good defensive presence and plays with a mean streak (sometimes dirty) and is entertaining as hell and he comes with multiple championship experience. Anybody who wouldn't want Bynum needs to get their head checked out. I'm not sure how serious he is about target destinations that potentially interest him, but Bynum is an elite talent and superstar imo. You'd be crazy not to want him on your team.

Also for those worried about Bynum being injury prone, (mentioned this in another thread), all his major injuries have been freak accidents. Landing wrong on somebody's foot after jumping in the air and having another player fall and crash into his knee doesn't qualify him as being injury prone.

Lol, hilarious, but true, especially since he mentioned Cleveland too.

#263 Kwame, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  4. OpportunityCost

He's not 6'8". He's not a power forward. DO NOT WANT!!!!

5. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

He's uncoordinated. He sucks at the pick and roll. And he's turnover prone when he's double teamed. You just look at him and see he hasn't grown into that big body of his. He doesn't know how to use a 300 lb body. He's essentially a man child.

6. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

These players talk. Just like owners talk and GMs talk. If a player feels mistreated by an organization then the other players believe that player 90% of the time. Which is why Morey needs to be more careful with how he handles players on the team. When it comes to free agency and trying to lure players to the Rockets, how other players feel about the organization plays a huge factor in their decision. There's been plenty of times where we've all turned down money because of feeling like it wouldn't be worth it. Sometimes its not what you're doing, its how you're doing. Not saying I don't completely understand why he's doing it.

Owners, Gms have control over their players while they're under contract. So when it comes to free agency, players have this "by any means necessary" mindset about where they want to play. You can't blame the owners & GMs (its a business)... But you can't blame the players either (its a business).

7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Y

E

S

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Yep, that's it. I got sucked in when I initially saw the thread, but reality has set in. :(

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. J-Red

J-Red Member

I wanted to post earlier that Love should have not been traded on draft night so that memphis could have the Gay Love Connection, but I didn't know where to put it... I would rep you right now if I could :grin:

11. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

If he's not traded, LA would easily offer him the max next summer, luxury tax be damned. He would be able to get dat bird right money, similar to Dwight, and I doubt he'd turn that down to come to Houston.

Not sure how he'd end up here other than a trade involving Dwight to be honest.

12. comehere2

comehere2 Member

I'm speechless. Someone actually wants to play for us. Thank you.

13. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

Bynum wants to play in houston...

[​IMG]

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Minnesota has the Love Johnson connection.

15. Happii

Happii Member

Right now any centerpiece player is accepted in Houston. I don't even care if Bynum has a immaturity problem. His a talented star player and that is all we want.

16. anchel

anchel Member

Bynum probably would end up re-signing in LA. We can't focus another plan on the hope of Bynum not extending his contract with LA.

Pessimistic right now. What is the next step? We gave a fan favourite in Kyle Lowry for a decent pick (not great pick) to get a star, and now we can't get the star. So? Ok "we will try again the next time". When will be the next time and what we plan to do unitl then? What are we doing in the 2012-13 season?

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

AHH...some love...Thank you Bynum...

But just to let everyone know...Bynum is dying to get out of LA...Kobe's shadow has really caused him to hate being in LA...Bynum if he was a Rocket would be the first option. Something that he has desperately tried in Laker land. Bynum would be fine...but he doesnt have the it to get a title...its just my opinion...very predictable on the block...not coachable(can see him and Mchale getting into it)...and stubborn when things dont go his way.

Bynum showed some love, but I really rather not build around him...just imo

18. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

They have McHale in house already and can probably get Hakeem to come back to train him.

One thing about him you failed to mention:

HE'S LOTS BETTER THAN WHAT HOUSTON HAS NOW!

19. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Maybe, but Howard is a dumbass so I don't know if he could think of that on his own.

20. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Rumor has it that if the trade is successful, Orlando will sign free agent guard Luther Head.

It's reported that "having Gay/Love would be even better with having Head, too". :p