1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

time to give credit where credit is do

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jan 8, 2002.

?

who is the player of the game?

1. steve-19-9-9

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. KT-24 (14 in the first)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. griff-6 blocks

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  4. MOOOOCH!!!!-because he is MOOOOCH!!!!

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

but where is the credit do?

steve had fallen just 1 ast and 1 reb short of a triple double. scoring 19 pts he was everywhere.

K9 had scored 24 pts and got us off to a great start dropping 14 in the first quarter.

griff had the knicks scared to come in the lane and forced them to be a perimeter shooting team for most of the game. he blocked 6 and helped to hold the knicks to just 37% on the night.

MOOOOCH!!! you know.

so far this years W leaders:

steve-3
    rudy-2
    cat-1.5
    K9-1.5
    walt-1
    mooch-0.5
    cato-0.5

#1 smoothie, Jan 8, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2002
  2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Mooch also nearly blew the game with that charge. I know that the foul should have been on Camby, but Mooch was out of control.

Without a doubt, Griffin was the MVP. He hit big shots, made key block shots, and was the only big man who bothered to rebound (ahem KT).

3. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Eddie was the man. He completely changed the game when he was in - and the crowd knew it too.

By the end of the game, people were shouting EDDIE! EDDIE! every time he got a block or a key defensive rebound.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i can't decide.

w/o KT i'm sure griff would have stepped up.
    w/o steve, well, we would have lost.
    w/o griff, they would have only gone inside the whole game.
    w/o mooch, i'm sure walt or cat would've hit that wide open 3.

for me its down to steve and griff, but i feel wrong about not giving mooch any love

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Not since the good ole days of Dream pre-'97 have I been continually amazed from game to game, play to play by a big man on this team. Griffin rocks.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The spelling of the thread title made me laugh :).

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

In what way. He beat his guy, drove the lane, went where the defense wasn't and if Camby hadn't slid over for the obvious block he could've either taken the shot or kicked it out like he did. I don't see how he was more out of control than just about any other drive you see in an NBA game.

As for the call. That was atrocious. I thought refs didn't make calls to decide games. I thought they didn't make calls in the final seconds. Apparently that doesn't apply to the Rockets. Not only did they make a call to change the game, but it was a horrendous call. Besides the fact Camby was moving, he then even leaned in more. What more could he have done to earn the blocking call or a no call if they just decided to let them play. That was a joke. Then as soon as we get the ball again, Spree nearly assaults Steve when he gets the ball, then Steve gets banged again as he drives in but no call. Apparently the Knicks are allowed to play. Luckily we didn't let the refs rip this one away.

And since the refs are the only reason it even came down to a last second shot, I give it to Griffin for just being friggin' awesome. I mean if someone gets it down and low and Eddie is there, you just expect it to be rejected. He is such a natural shotblocker it's not even funny (especially for Othella Harrington).