1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 610 at 5pm today!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XBLRocketman111, Jul 17, 2009.

1. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

just to let you know i couldn't find the other thread!

Probably to talk about Yao's choice for surgery.

1 person likes this.
  2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

And that Budinger fellow.

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

If Rich Lord is on at 5... I'm not listening to the interview

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Nope Matt and Rich are off...its the general and Adam

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Should be Wexler, no? Or does he start at 6pm?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Its Adam Wexler and John McClain. Rich and Matt are off as already mentioned

7. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

The way I see this board talk about Rich Lord is how I feel about John Lopez. Lopez is 10x worse though. I can at least deal with Rich Lord. Lopez is just unbelievable with how he pushes his opinions sometimes.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Rich Lord is far worse than John Lopez. It's the worst form of cronyism on radio today. He has about as much sports knowledge as someone who spends all day playing golf and then logs onto ESPN or the chron.com and reads the story headlines 5 minutes before his show starts. Then after the show he just spends two hours eating at Luby's before his bedtime hits at 7pm, precluding him from watching ANY sports programming.

Maaaaybe if the Astros play the front end of a day-night doubleheader, he'll catch the first 7 innings of game 1. During the show he makes no effort to hide this fact, yet continues to insist that his old-man-opinions are just as valid as the rest of the public's. Which is probably true given the kind of people that call into sports radio.

But as for Clutchfans...what an offensive human being.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Is this the same tool Rich Lord who used to do Rockets Wrap after games two decades ago??

10. onreego

onreego Member

Lol sounds like some of the posters around here.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think Rich did some of those, but there was another horrific host back then - much worse than Lord (who I don't despise as much as some of these people), and that was Ken Silverstein. That guy was the absolute worst sports talkshow host I've ever heard. I think he was on KTRH in the 80's, so you may have been listening to him, too.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

13. Convictedstupid

Please.

14. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Its on but heres a recap:

-While being in Vegas, not a distraction to him to seperate basketball from Vegas

-Andersen: Feel like hes at a good age. Will sign a 3 yr deal with some options. Will get quality minutes this year and good backup next year. Biggest adjustment: Athleticism, Defense

-Chase Budinger: They're high on him. Surprised him, the league. Did everything well(what were considered weaknesses, he didnt show them). Gifted offensive player.

-If looking for any more C's within the next year: "Even when Yao was here, we're always on the lookout for elite talent.

-Joey Dorsey: They challenged him this summer league and he proved it. Played well enough we he might creep in for some play time.

-MLE Money: Partially spent on Andersen and others on picks with a little left over.

-If they add pieces, it will be towards the end of summer. Anything now will come through trade. Want to keep a spot open.

-Chase, Jermaine, and Von if they can get him back competing for one rotation spot on the wing.

-No timetable on resigning Von. Nothing is close or imminent.

Think that was the end? :confused: If not, I'll recap the rest.

3 people like this.
  17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap, I missed it because my gf came home for her break from work.

18. lalala902102001

Sounds like Wafer is a goner.

19. Egghead

Egghead Member

20. Serg300

Serg300 Member

That sucks for Von. If I were him, I'd be pissed if I had to compete against Chase, Jermaine, and James for a spot. He has proven more then they have.