1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac Shoutout in The Game's New Album

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Omer

Omer Member

Just wanted to let you guys know if you're interested. I'm not a big fan of The Game or anything, but I was told by a friend his new album was amazing so I got it.

Anyways, In the new album, Doctor's Advocate, there is a new track called Too Much. In it, he mentions Tracy McGrady in the following verse at the beginning of the song: So we rock it like Tracy McGrady/Send it to Houston in a grey Mercedes.

I have embedded a flash player with the song if you guys wanna listen, the T-Mac part comes at the very beginning. NOTE: Some explicit lyrics, but mainly after the T-Mac part.

Glad to see people still respect and stick with T-Mac even after his horrendous season last year. Hopefully some of us Rockets fans haven't given up on him either.

Oh and I also found it cool that my birthday is on the same day as The Game's (November 27th)

<object width="300" height="80"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/MZvXqlPeie/aus=false/"></param><param name="wmmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/MZvXqlPeie/aus=false/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="80" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

2. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

The compton never fell off! :D

3. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah I got Doctor's Advocate the day it came out (Tuesday via a Best Buy giftcard :D ) when I heard that line I was like daaaaaaaaaamn.

That's my favorite track off the album ;)

He's also mentioned in Chamillionaire's Sound of Revenge Intro (but you already know that), he's in Nelly's #1 Derrty Version Remix, and he's on one of Chamillionaire's mixtapes.

He also made a song with Young Jeezy though I haven't heard it. He sounds a helluva lot like Chamillionaire though SO he shouldn't have a problem going platinum, hahaha.

And no, Compton never fell off :p .

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

There is a reason why he's Adidas' most marketable basketball player.

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

There's a new Paul Wall song where he says:

"Maneuvering through the traffic like I'm Tracy McGrady."

Too bad it's not really true anymore. It should be:

"Stopping and firing shots like I'm Tracy McGrady."

#5 JuLiO-R-, Nov 18, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  6. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

My birthday is a day before yours and my wife is the day after yours! :)

7. Omer

Omer Member

Well congratulations, your wife has the same birthday as Chamillionaire!

Thanks for the heads up on the Nelly song ShadyMcGrady, do you know where I could maybe find the Young Jeezy one? Would be sweet to hear him rap.

Also, which Paul Wall song is that Julio?

8. tigermission1

You must not have watched the last couple of games, he's been mixing it up on the offensive end pretty nicely.

He is starting to round back into shape offensively...

9. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

LOL

Even a thread that is supposed to be about Tmac's being mentioned in so many hip hop lyrics and his street cred, people around heeeerrrre will find a way to take a shot :p

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

paul wall is trash

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

McGrady kinda does rhyme with Mercedes...

12. Angioplasty

Angioplasty Member

I had the same thought. It's almost as though people are looking for ways to descredit Rockets players, especially McGrady, Yao, etc. I've never understood why people did that. I can understand being frustrated by McGrady's inconsistency, but one would think people would base their opinion of him on what's happened over the past six years, as opposed to a handful of games.

Then again, what the hell do I know?

13. tigermission1

Well, I can understand why a lot of posters do that. The simple fact is, whether we like it or not, we have probably hundreds of posters who are much more interested in a specific player on the team rather than the team itself or what it represents -- i.e. the city of Houston and all Houston fans.

Sure, they want the team to win, but not at the expense of their 'guy'. The only interest they have in the team winning games is if their guy gets most or all the credit and gets more positive exposure.

You should read some of the game threads or other threads that even attempt to have a discussion of any possible shortcomings the two star players might have. It's absolutely amazing how much venom either side can have towards the other star player, they simply view the 'other' guy as nothing more than 'competition' or a 'hurdle' in the way of the other, when in reality neither of our star players can do without the other.

But, there isn't much room for rationality in either camp...

14. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Yea the mcgrady shoutout was cool but what about houston making its way into non houston rapper's songs.

15. JuLiO-R-

You're actually right, I've been real busy lately. :mad:
    Break'em Off - Paul Wall (Ft. Lil Keke)

It's on his myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/paulwall

It's at the beginning of Paul's 2nd verse.

16. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Well said. Thet take every chance to diss Tmac but will jump bakc onto the bandwagon once Tmac tears it up again.

13 POINTS IN 35 SECONDS!!!

17. JuLiO-R-

So just because I said how I felt about T-Mac's early play makes me a bandwagon fan? I know I'm not the only one who noticed that T-Mac hasn't been attacking the rim as much in the first couple of games, and I haven't had time to see the last 3 so I don't really know how he's playing right now.

I love T-Mac and the rest of the Rockets. I don't diss to put down, I diss to motivate and T-Mac could use some motivation.

18. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

If ya know basketball, you know you got to respect T-mac. And game knows b-ball he played in college right. Players like t-mac, kobe, AI etc never wright them off cause they are just to talented.
    And yeah that game cd is good but i aint buying it.