1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Patterson consecutive baskets in fourth vs. Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Patrick Patterson back-to-back baskets in fourth vs. Dallas Mavericks

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZ8bkxCG24A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZ8bkxCG24A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

This kid is going to be something special. Great attitude, wants to learn, freakish body and skillset, and surrounded by Yao, Scola, Hayes, and Jeffries. Let's not forget Hakeem. :grin:

3. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

and then adelman took him out of the game.

4. Apps

Apps Member

Sick stuff. This guy looks like a keeper.

5. kevtse

kevtse Member

LOL @ Dirk

6. highlander3128

Patsquatch!!!

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If you watch Patterson as he moves around the court, you can tell he understands the game. As he gains more confidence I think he will become a real weapon. I'm looking forward to seeing him get more minutes the rest of the season. He really is starting to look a bit like a larger Carl Landry.

8. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

My favourite Rocket as of late. His hustle, soft touch and nous for rebounding i special. Could be an all-star one day.

9. gah

gah Member

Thanks Clutch.

With Patrick out there on the floor I can take a backseat and not worry about him.

10. Roxs-Redemption

I wish he could play more court time instead of using JJ, J-Hill and Miller to much
    He will show great improvement in the future no matter which team will he be on

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I've been watching via stream lately so I've been hearing the other team's announcers, and while I don't fault them, they've been making comments that make it absolutely clear they know nothing about Patrick Patterson's game on the NBA level.

I don't remember the game, but I think it was against the Magic. Patrick took a 17 foot jumper from the top of the key and missed. The resulting comments went something like this...

Guy #1: "Patterson with an ill-advised shot."
    Guy #2: "Well, he IS shooting 67% on the season".
    Guy #1: "Yeah, but I'm willing to bet not many of his made baskets are coming off jumpers..."

Then tonight, after he followed his missed jumper and laid it in (as seen in the video) one of the announcers said something along the lines of "Patterson with a really bad shot...not sure what he was thinking, but fortunately for him he managed to get it back".

Again, I don't really fault them since he's a rookie and his playing time has been limited. But I guess it just goes to show that when his time does come, he's going to surprise the hell out of some people with what he brings to the table.

12. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

PAt is awesoeme. Only playing time (D!ck Idleman) can hold him back from improving. I wwant him to focus on becoming a low post player.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If this guy work hard in the off-season and try to learn as much as possible he is going to be an All-star, he definitely has the mind set, the right attitude and the athleticism.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Patterson could ever get some minutes, he would be in the mix for rookie of the year. Boy, Rick sure knows how to screw things up, huh? :rolleyes:

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Uh, no. Just....... no. Everyone knows who's going to win that award, and no one's even close to him. Patterson is nice, but not better then Scola.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he's got great potential, but these 2 plays were mostly due to Dirk's inability to play D and box out. He's like a taller Scola.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

What else did you expect?

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Adelman brought Scola in for Patterson after the lead had already gone back up to 9. Then Scola proceeded to score 8 points and bring the game back within 3.

19. trugoy

trugoy Member

He's moved ahead of Hill already in the rotation. Would not be surprised if he pushes Hill out of the rotation entirely and backs up the 5 and 4 by season's end.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have noticed that Patterson still has a little bit of hesitation when it comes to taking his man to the basket. He has the ability to take control, he just doesn't know it yet. When he figures that out, then he will be better than Scola. That will probably be towards the end of this season when we are totally out of it and Rick is finally letting everyone play good minutes.