1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Gangster

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is anybody else wanting to see this movie? After seeing the trailers and commercials for it and reading the backdrop of the real story I am intrigued about this film. It also has to big-time stars in Washington and Crowe who were last together in the forgettable "Virtuosity" although some of you may like that movie. LOL! :D

Anyway, is anybody else wanting to see it? I've read in several articles that you should already line up Oscar nominations for both of the leads. Hopefully it won't disappoint when it hits theatres in a few weeks.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to it.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

when does jay's album come out?

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i def wanna see it

5. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Nov 6

That new single Blue Magic is dope

<object width="400" height="325"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/v/mXJkUi4m7h/aus=false/pv=2"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/v/mXJkUi4m7h/aus=false/pv=2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="325" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Movie is going to be bad ass. I have very high expectations for this one, which might be a bad thing.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I really wanted to see it until it was featured in the FirstLook thing before the last 5 or so movies I have seen, not to mention in trailers before several of the movies. I am starting to get sick of it and it hasn't even come out yet. NO BLACK MAN HAS ACCOMPLISHED WHAT THE MAFIA HASN'T IN OVER A HUNDRED YEARS!!!! Maybe after some reduction in exposure I will go back to wanting to see it.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Frank Lucas was an evil man ~ I hope Denzel's role doesn't glorify him in this movie.

It is a good story though no doubt -- could be a classic if well done.

9. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

dumbass kids these days, im gonna bet its gonna be the next tony montana.

by next year rappers will be having curtains with his pic on it, when they show it off on mtv cribs

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Another movie Denzel playing his same role :rolleyes: in the same type of movie. No thanks. Wait for TV.

11. The Drake

The Drake Member

I saw the previews for it this summer...can't wait!

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

What role do you want him to play, Swoly? What hasn't he done in his film career?

13. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

i want to watch this movie more

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H_oLgAmTgBs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H_oLgAmTgBs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

14. SwoLy-D

Horror film... comedy spoof... a kid's movie... a silly comedy... somewhere where he wears makeup 50 years from the first scene ... somewhere where he doesn't say "I'm the boss! I'm the badass of the movie!"... which one? Maybe 1 or two... all his roles are the same guy. I'm not paying to see him at the movies. :mad:

I've already said this in every DENZEL MOVIE thread. I don't know why I keep saying it...

15. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

its gonna be awesome

16. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

He has been in the movies Fallen (horror), Remember the Titans (family), and Much Ado About Nothing (comedy).

17. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

so...just dont post it again?

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah, Denzel has had a pretty balanced film career. He has played the same type of guy in many films but not in every single one he has played in.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Off topic [you should start a thread] but that looks f'ing awesome ! :eek:

20. SwoLy-D

Fallen was a thriller, Remember the Titans was NOT a kids' movie, and Much Ado About Nothing was NOT a comedy, it was off a book. :eek: