1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass has just gone out of their ever-loving mind

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Sep 1, 2015.

1. what

what Member

For the low low price of $119.99, you can pick 1 team (that's right, 1 team) to follow all year.

There is no option for 5 teams to follow anymore. You can spend $199.99 to get the full selection of all teams and you can buy single games at $6.99 a pop.

For comparison, last year 5 teams were $140.00.

This is on top of the fact that every year, for the last several years, league pass has diluted their product by giving NBA TV and TNT priority to the best match ups, leaving their customers who spend over S100.00 a season a fat blackout date.

I am pretty disgusted by nba tv and they are leaving me no choice but to go to an illegal site to buy a subscription.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You can't blame the national TV contracts. They fuel the NBA, and it's not like you can't watch the game at all, unless you do t have cable and don't want to go to a sports bar or a friends house

Othewise, I agree with a lot of what you say

One value that often goes overlooked is the archive feature. You can rewatch all games whether they are blacked out of not, for previous season games as well.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh and in before the illegal ppl saying ballstream

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That sucks. I usually get 5 teams and I don't have cable

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So wait, 200 bucks to watch all games for all teams for the whole season?

If that's what it is, not bad. There's 1200+ games a season, so 200 bucks isn't terrible.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I guess I'm doing 1 team only this year. Last year I bought the package for 5 teams, they upgraded it for free to all teams, but I didn't use the other teams often enough to justify the extra 80 bucks. Too bad, so sad.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What about International League Pass? IIRC, last year the premium option was about $150 as long as you spoofed your IP and pretended you were in a third world country

...or you could hit up ballstreams before september 25th, pay $89.99 and not worry about any of that...

8. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Ballstreams is not what it was, horrible lagging by the end of the year, servers couldn't handle it. Lots of complaints on their forums and zero response from them so that's bad service. Luckily I paid just for playoffs.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Ballstreams posted an update recently saying this heavily upgraded their infrastructure. Their is also now a mid-range bitrate instead of having to choose between crappy or very high def. Here's a referral link if you want an invite http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/30773
    The early bird special lasts until September 25th

1 person likes this.
  10. OpenLayup-Why3?

People who buy iThings will buy NBA league pass. People who buy samsungs will buy ballstreams. And people like me, who use torrents for everything and have Nokia 3310 will download games ~10 hours later on very HD for free.

Had ballstreams for regular season for $60. If you watch games live, it's perfect. I experienced no lags, quality was really good, you could select the commentators. But the reason why I won't renew with them is because watching recorded games is impossible. It buffers non stop, if you leave it to load it only loads up to a minute up front.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is actually a question I'd like to have answered.

I moved out of town a few months ago and love not having cable anymore. MLB TV has been perfect for me to watch all the Astros games, and I plan to do the same with the Rockets.

But this whole national TV blackout situation is a huge drag. That's like a third of the games, and the good ones too. $120 is nice for the whole season, but not if I can't watch the best games live and on my TV streamed thru my PS3.

I'll need some feedback from those using ballstreams, to really see if it's that much of a better alternative. Again, streaming it to my ps3 in hi def is a big deal for me, but I'll consider a computer only stream if it's a.) unlimited; and b.) good quality, in terms of stream and definition.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Last year I went out and bought a used roku player for 25 bucks, downloaded the ballstreams app and my bs subscription was fine for me all year no lag

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The entitlement generation they say, First world problems they say...

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I've used ballstreams for two seasons and I've never had any issues.
    a) unlimited for all teams/games
    b) good or GREAT quality depending on your internet connection. Nothing like a typical stream that people post

I'm not sure about PS3, but they do have options for XBOX so maybe you could configure that.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Less than $3 a game to have that flexibility....I am in.

DD

1 person likes this.
  16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I've used ballstreams past 2 seasons, no issues at all, using it again this season since Dish Network can't get their ***** together to get Root. I'd switch but the legacy plan Dish gives us for trying to cancel every 6 months can't be beat

fwiw, I'm using it on 2 Rokus, Streaming Stick in my room and Roku 2 in the living room, no issues at all, just only can view it one device at a time.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ballstreams worked great for me also. i would do league pass if they didnt black out games. there is a 0% chance i ever get cable again.

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Ballstream is definitely superior on Roku and PC, than other platforms.

On my PS4 it worked great for a while, but it eventually started having buffering issues.

It's definitely worth the money.

I usually get the 6 month plan which runs me until the start of the playoffs, and then when the playoffs start I can use Sling TV, which gets ESPN and TNT.

I have no interest on watching the Hawks or whoever gets the NBATV playoff games in the first round.

1 person likes this.
  19. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I'm fine with the price, but when will they let me cast it from my phone using chromecast!! I want to cut the cable but being out of market, my need for league pass makes it difficult.

1 person likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I love Ballstreams.

I just can't fathom how it keeps running now that it is a household name.