1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Cuban...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adrian, Jan 3, 2003.

1. adrian

adrian Member

...was on the Budweiser Hot Seat on ESPN last night and when asked if Yao Ming was a buy or sell he said he was a hold. Ha Ha, Cuban must be smokin' too many Cubans, just this summer he would have traded half of his starting lineup for this guy and Yao has showed enough moves in his first few months that he's proved he's a buy, kinda like Microsoft in the early days, there's nothing but big things ahead.

Adrian

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I saw it also.

The more I see that man the more I dislike. His bias (jealousy) towards Yao is freaking pathetic. Hey! Cuban let it go.

Here are other stock moves he made last night;

Emit Smith (sp) = Buy (#22 is past his prime - Mark must be out of his mind).
    Don Nelson = Buy
    Dirk Nowitzki = Buy
    Yao Ming = Hold (jealousy indeed)

3. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Did he have any reasons as to why he was a 'hold'?

I know it's pure jealousy, but I'd like to hear his explanation.

4. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Wow... what a joke! I can't stand that freaking guy. I would be mad about that and other comments he's made toward Yao, but it's just going to make him look stupid down the road. Soon, the novelty that there's an NBA owner under 50 will wear off and his idiotic public behavior will be a lot less funny.

I really would have liked to see Rashard Lewis here, but I just love the fact that he got strung along Cubes and then crapped on his offer.

5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Edit of last post:

"... that he strung along Cubes ..."

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

If someone is rich, he can afford to own a NBA team. If someone can own a NBA team, he can talk sh*t on an ESPN show.

Power of $$$.

7. kobo

kobo Member

Taking over from the Jazz, soon the most hated team of the Rockets' fans will be the Mavs due to Mark Cuban. :)

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Gotta disagree with ya'll there...I think the NBA could use more owners like Cuban...he's young, energetic and enthusiastic...he's basically a hardcore fan who just happens to own a team. Hell, I'd love to play for the guy.

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

He's a great owner, if I had the $$$ to buy I a team, I'll prolly be very much like him, he's actually a fan of the game unlike most suits.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You guys are jumpin all over Cuban for nothing.

Who cares if he said "hold" on Yao? It was a stupid game. Besides, thats like asking a Rockets fan if we would "buy" or "sell" Karl Malone. All of us would "sell".

Its the same situation with Cuban and Yao. At least he had the balls to say "hold".