1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonathan Feigen: Rockets might have gained something.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by somenobody, Nov 7, 2010.

1. somenobody

somenobody Member

2. moose

moose Member

This is true. The Rockets toughness and hustle from last year will come back soon. You can see from the game last night that Courtney Lee is starting to absorb that intensity that this team is based heavily on.

3. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Battier is speaking for himself!!! He needs to bring it every night!!!

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

don't confuse stats with an attitude, or "spirit", in this case. The whole team has been half-asleep the whole season on defense most of the time.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why Lee did not invest his full spirit into free throw?

6. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

"Intangibles" have gained us nothing... Rockets need to quit sucking and play basketball

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

We need a team that do not need full spirit to get a win.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Battier played awesomely last night. I appreciate his effort all the time, but especially last night, when he was a true leader.

He's a piece that I don't think we should consider trading. He means a lot to the team on the court and inside the locker room. Plus, he's our last remaining "true" defender. Chuck doesn't have the reputation or experience just yet, especially down the stretch in games.

9. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

First, I want to state that I am a Lee fan and I really like his game.

However:

I actually predicted to my wife that Lee would miss those free throws. That's because, I have noticed a developing pattern with Lee.

My take on Lee is that he has a mild case of Nick Andersonitus--and I am not just referring to free throws. He has been psychologically damaged from that missed layup in the Finals. There was even a big article on this when we traded for him.

I have noticed a pattern of crunch time mental lapses from Lee--from running out of bounce in preseason to the turnover from the Scola hand-off in the last minute of the Spurs game.

I will also predict that this will not be the last time that Lee will show mental collapses in the final moments of games. I really, really hope I am wrong on this, but if I am spot on-- then you heard it first here.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Intangibles are only a complement to tangibles. Can't be good without one or the other.

11. Gertso

Gertso Member

What are you talking about? That's the most endearing thing about this team. I'd rather see my team give it their and lose then win without much effort.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

..........................................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Scary!