1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel if Ron-Ron or another rocket pulled a Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bruce, Jun 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Bruce

Bruce Member

I for one was not offended by Lebron's actions. I felt that he acted selfishly but I don't feel It would have been better for him to show some fake display of "sportsmanship".
    So, how do you think you would react to a rockets player refusing to shake the hand of an opponent after defeat?

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I honestly have no idea why this is even a story. Who gives a **** if he shook hands or not?

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the opposing team walk to him to shake his hand and he refused, that's wrong. If he chooses to walk off on his own without making a scene, I couldn't care less.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I wouldn't care...just like I don't care that Lebron refused to talk to anyone. Lebron gave 110% in that series, and no one else on his team played well. He had a right to be pissed off.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yep, couldn't of said it any better.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ppl still trying to make lebron relevant when he's out of the playoffs.

and ron ron or our rockets aren't as famous as lebron, i doubt the media would care either.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't care that a player does not want to shake hands with a team/player that just beat said player. I would take it a little odd if someone did something like shake the majority of the players' hands but refused one, say if Lebron shook all of the Magic players' hands but refused Howard.

8. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

They'd get reprimanded/fined immediately unlike James

9. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Come on man, don't be so dramatic. :rolleyes:

10. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Maybe you should change the thread title to, "If it was McGrady."

This board would kill him.

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Dammit, you said the word, now this going to be a 1 star thread.

Sorry OP ;)

12. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I kind of expect the players to shake hands after a playoff series, so I'd be kind of surprised if a Rockets player walked off the court, but would forget about it quick.

However, if a Rockets player tried to rationalize it like Lebron did after the fact, then I'd lose some respect for them.

13. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I don't think that's the issue, he's done this many times before, but what it's him not meeting the press and so they've turned on him.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If a Rocket didn't shake hands with another team I wouldn't care. If a Rocket chose to make himself unavailable to the media I wouldn't care but considering that players are required to be available to the media I would expect that player to be fined. If he was not fined it would just be another example of NBA leadership being inconsistent with the rules.

15. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

It demonstrates that Labron is a little pissant.

Is it a big deal? Not really.

But he needs to be a man and not act like a 5 y/o kid just because he lost a game.

Newsflash: This won't be the last time Lebron loses a game?

Is Lebron gonna throw a tantrum every time?

Nobody literally punched him in the face. Guess what, even boxers/fighters shake before/after flights. So Lebron, grow a pair of balls and man up. If you are pissed you lost, then unleash it next season. It serves ZERO purpose to get all pissy now unless you are intentionally trying to make yourself look bad.

Yes, it would annoy me if a Rocket did that. Not a big deal but my opinion of that player just decreased ...even if it's just a little.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I'd be more worried about Ron Ron pulling another "Ron Ron" if he resigns with us than something insignficant like shaking hands.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What if, blah blah

Ron did what he was supposed to do without any antics, he even grabbed a mic and asked for a shoutout to Portland.

Lebron didn't.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

agreed.

DD

19. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Did you hear Lebron's comments a day later? You really don't think kids are going to pick up on that kind of stupidity?

There used to be young men in this world with class, but the NBA in particular won't rest until everyone in the world has to be a "winner", just like LBJ.

20. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

So it's OK not to show any sportsmanship?

You wouldn't be dissapointed at your kids if they did that?