1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A interviews Rick Carlisle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockingRox, Apr 17, 2015.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

<iframe width="50%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/201293429&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Stephen A started with Q: "How are you feeling right now about your team going into the series against Houston?"

Carlisle responded with "Well I feel good because we are getting healthier." and a deep sigh/exhale. ... I feel you, Rick.

Carlisle updated on Parsons' injury. Dirk, Ellis, Parsons sharing ball. Rondo. Carlisle's take on Rockets and players.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

"Rondo is guarding Harden"

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The one thing that he said that wasn't known was about Rondo guarding Harden.... which he implied would happen a fair amount.

Can Rondo guard Harden effectively? I don't know.

He also "guessed" that PBev would be back this series ... it was a complete guess though.

4. HookemHorns1250

Pretty much said all the right things. Interesting for him to throw out that he expects to see Beverley sometime in this series. Goes against everything we've heard from our coaches and doctors. Was supposed to be at the earliest WCF ? (Obviously only if we made it that far) Or was it earlier...

If anything he made us sound TOO good.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Smart move Carlisle. Harden gets Rondo into foul trouble, so then you don't have to deal with playing 4-5 offensive with Rondo out there. Well played.

6. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Do they really have an alternative option to put on Harden?

If Harden were to be able to drive and put Tyson Chandle and/or Rondo in early foul trouble, Mavs' defense would be porous like raining.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Sure, Aminu won't lockdown Harden, but I bet it'll be a physical matchup.

After Rondo, I think Aminu is thrown at Harden.

8. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Is there actually a shot at this? It would be huge.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Pretty boy Parsons will guard Harden.

Harden will drop a dagger in his face like that SOB Lillard did.

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I've thought about how I could see bev come in for big defensive needs. Don't need both hands to lock someone up

11. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I could have sworn Morey said no there was not on 790 this morning.

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I get the impression that rick respects our teams level of talent. Probably told Cuban he needs to chill with that trash not

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Thanks.

Don't know much about Aminu's game. But I guess he won't take any starting minutes, will he? Maybe he can guard Hardon at the end of the 1st and 3rd Q.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Bev coming back this series is news to me..............................

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He said the cast was coming off sooner than doctors expected, but that Bev saying he could be back for round 2 was overly optimistic. I don't see him coming back this series -- but I also see no incentive for Morey & Co. to publicize it as a possibility, even if the possibility exists.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Pretty sure SAS is full of **** on that. There's no way Beverley is coming back before the WCF. He's not even out of a hard cast yet.

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Bev would probably cut that b**** off himself and lock his doctor in the closet in order to play

18. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

Wow, if we had a coach like him...

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Carlisle's genius coaching is going to involve intentionally fouling dwight or smith

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

2010 Rondo on 2015 Harden would have been a good idea for the Mavs. I'm not sure 2015 Rondo on 2015 Harden is a good idea. We'll see.