1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ralph sampson on nbatv

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xomox, Sep 6, 2005.

1. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

got a show on ralph sampson with hakeem speaking on nbatv now at 11pm

2. xomox

wow, he went through the same criticism that yao is going through. "underachievement" and such. "not playing to expectations."

3. xomox

now they are showing some of game 3 against the celtics in 86 finals.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

What did he have to say? Anything interesting?

5. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Yeah I watched it, how sad he could have been the greatest player of NBA history. I think if they would have trained then like they train now he never would have had those knee problems. Bill Walton said that his 86' Celtics knew they had to win that year because they thought the rockets were taking over the league for years to come

6. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Man....its kinda scary and sad at the same time to think of what could have been with the Rockets of that era. But then Sampson goes down with a knee injury and cocaine consumes several other stars and POOF its just Hakeem and a bunch of scrubs.....<sigh> :(

7. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Big Red was right... His prediction was just slightly premature (nearly 20 years)!!!

:D

8. Cesar^Geronimo

I became a Rockets fan because of Ralph Sampson.

I live on the east coast and three times I bought tickets to see him play (twice in Philly and once in DC) and all three times he was hurt.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ralph was always so slender... he just always seemed like a pretty fragile human. Shame the dynasty never materialized.