1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] NBA Shootaround: Grin and Bear it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dje243, May 22, 2015.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

This is a pretty good and accurate take of what has transpired in this series. It's nice to see the national media actually calling it like it is for once. Lock if reposted.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-shootaround-grin-and-bear-it/

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I'm not sure why that Lil B curse is making news but then again I don't even understand why people listen to that dude's music.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've always found Grantland to be pretty spot-on, without any bias.

It's hard to be focusing so much on the Rockets defense, when keeping Golden State to 99 points and you hope to win that game.

But if we're going to focus on that defense, Jason Terry is an issue. He was actually +11 last night, but mainly due to who he was playing with. He had an ok offense game, obviously not great defensively

The issue is Terry is great off the bench. Really great.

If Nick Johnson could just hit 35% of his three's, I could see McHale playing him more. But he can't yet. It's unfortunate.

no clue who that dude is.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Remember when Curry's ankle was ****ed after spraining it multiple times then surgery? They are really fortunate nothing happened after that.

5. MistaK

MistaK Member

Can someone please tell me what this Lil B curse is that everyone is talking about. I know I'm probably stupid for not knowing :(

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Still sick about last night.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This.

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I wish James would come out and say "I don't even know who this lady Lil B is to steal MY stirring gesture:.

10. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Lil B is a rapper/troll that puts out very strange (and kinda funny) music and is referred to as Based God by his fans. About four years ago, Kevin Durant posted a tweet saying that Lil B's music was garbage.

Lil B responded by tweeting that he had placed a curse on KD and that he would never win a title.

Since the curse, Durant has lost in the finals, lost Harden, lost Westbrook in round 1 of the playoffs in 2013, lost Ibaka in the playoffs in 2014, and broken his foot in 2015. Every time these unfortunate incidents happened, Lil B has credited his curse via Twitter.

You can read more here: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/an-outsiders-guide-to-the-lil-b-kevin-durant-beef/

As for Harden, Lil B started doing the cooking dance/celebration in his rap videos around 4-5 years ago (ex. Wonton Soup, I Cook). At the start of this HOU-GS series, Lil B demanded that Harden pay homage and give credit to him for the celebratory dance, lest he face the wrath of LIL B's CURSE.

Harden's masterful game, coupled with the unfortunate ending, has strengthened belief in the Based God's curse.

1 person likes this.
  11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

LAME!

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

"Grin and Bear It" sounds a lot like "Shh It'll All Be Over Soon."

In before feminist critique.

13. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

You just have to hope that #BASEDGOD forgives Harden somehow.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, God damn tmz bull****...

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, exactly

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

hahaha

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/THANKYOUBASEDGOD?src=hash">#THANKYOUBASEDGOD</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD">@LILBTHEBASEDGOD</a></p>&mdash; Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) <a href="https://twitter.com/warriors/status/601833961870917632">May 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

18. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

who the $$%#@$^ is little b

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

If Lil 'B comes to Houston, I'm pretty sure he's not leaving in one piece...

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Yeah, we have been playing the Warriors so well. A ton of people are gaining respect for the Rockets, or at least Harden. We're becoming a well respected team and deservedly so. We're down 2 games, but I don't think many people still expect a sweep anymore. Game 3 is going to be very telling... our backs are sort of against the wall. If we lose that means we have to win 4 in a row. This game is so important and I think everyone on the team will play better. I'm not sure how the Warriors will come out though. They do seem to have a killer instinct. I hope they don't realize that they can almost guarantee closing this series out with a win tonight. Both of us are playing well. I feel like their players(bench mostly) have been playing better, but if all our guys are locked in defensively and find the perfect rhythm/confidence we could likely be unstoppable even against a Warriors team on the road.

by the way Lil B is awesome.
    Don't read this spoiler if you don't care about him.
    I know you guys may hate his music and feel a bit bad that people are praising him for "cursing" Harden or whatever, but the truth is Lil B is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He is SO socially aware. He genuinely cares about people. He has an amazing heart. I was initially upset when Lil B called out Harden because Harden is my dude, but Lil B isn't really demanding disrespect but moreso punishing any disrespect. A little hypocritical, but it's getting him commercials on NBA TV and tweets by ESPN. He has no label. No manager. He does everything by himself. He promotes his own self and has truly mastered the internet generation.

Lil B is a good dude. Some of the things he tweets just make me happy because he cares so much about everything. He does nothing but spread positive things. It may be simplistic but I feel like there aren't enough people with influence that atually do any good with it.

Anything NBA related is just a way so he can increase his income. I can only really think of 3 people he has legit public animosity with Kevin Durant, Joe Budden, and Joey Badass. One NBA player who talked mess about him for no reason, and two rappers who did the same as KD. Lil B then went on to make "diss" songs to all three and I'm not going to lie. They have pretty great replay value.

[​IMG]