1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who quit on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 11, 2015.

?

Did you quit on the Rockets during Game 4?

1. Yes - I quit on them. They do not deserve my time and support

35.2%
  2. No - I did not quit on them. I'm a homer for life.

53.5%
  3. I like to be self humiliated and I was just watching the game for the lolzzzzzzz

11.4%
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'll admit. I quit on this team last night somewhere in the 3rd Quarter after the CP3 alleyoop to DJ to extend the lead to 20 or so. I can't even remember.

It was disheartening and embarrassing to see the kind of effort or lack thereof from the players and the coach. I couldn't take it anymore.

I don't care if the Morey-McHale sackriders in here call me a **** fan but with that kind of lethargic and lackadaisical display, this team doesn't deserve support IMO. If the players and coaches and GM do not care, why should we?

I have watched every single minute of every Rockets game until the mid way through the 3rd Q last night.

So who else quit?

2. Mr Chuck Norris

Ready to quit at half fully quit at JJ Reddick 3 pointer

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If they are gonna quit on the court why should I not quit on them. Have some pride in what you get millions to do.

I've grown to respect the Clippers for their heart and toughness. I've grown to hate my team for their excuses and lack of focus and fire.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, my time is better spent elsewhere than watching another 20+ point blowout in which it's obvious, when a team intentionally fouling DeAndre Jordan nearly 15 times can't score on 9 straight possessions, isn't going to even try to win.

I can cheer for jerseys and "Houston" as much as the next guy. I don't have to irrationally cheer for Josh Smith to chuck shots against the backboard and commit fouls for 4 straight minutes (probably 30+ real-time minutes).

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I DVR the games and start them about an hour and a half later so I can fast-forward through the commercials. At the beginning of the 2nd half, I just had a bad feeling so I fast-forwarded ahead by a half hour.

Saw the score, turned off the TV and went to bed.

If they quit on us, why shouldn't we quit on them?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I won't call it quitting, just taking a break.

I had an assignment somewhere else anyway

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I quit this season the nite before when getting done in by Austin Rivers. If we had the Clippers coaching staff, I'm confident we would be up 3-1 right now. No confidence in our coaching staff, which shows from the players.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

In the 3rd quarter I told my wife to go ahead and watch telemundo.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Fixed.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

They quit on us. The players, and the coaching staff...gave the city a big F U.

11. ibm

ibm Member

i dont quit on my team. when things get low, i just keep my expectations low and don't get much excited. that's it.

when i see them playing like they're playing in this series, i watch with pain. when i see them fighting on the floor, i watch and enjoy.
    when i see them get the title contender level again (somehow, some way, and gawd knows when), i will be really excited, again.

1 person likes this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I quit on them after game 3.

It is obvious this team does not care about winning or trying to make this competitive. 75% of this series has been the Rockets squad bending over and asking the Clippers for more.

Every year in the Playoffs I take each day off work that the Rockets play.

In 2011 I spent $25,000 to go to America and watch 9 Rockets games live.

So I mean it when I say I'm a dedicated and true fan.

But If the team itself doesn't care - they've lost me for this season.

That team I watched in person only won 2 out of 9 games. But they played with heart and they gave it everything even though most of the nights they were outmatched talent wise.

That team deserved my admiration and respect. This one, not so much.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

No, but they quit on all of us.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I called it a night with 6 or so minutes left in the 4th.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah so why don't you quit on them too? They're making money out of you and don't give a rat's a$$

16. CertifiedTroll

I changed the channel during the third once we were down by 20+. I felt guilty and turned it back on 5 minutes later.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

I admit. As much as I defended Harden and McHale this post season I quit. There was nothing done differently to get Harden going. Harden can only do so much with his talent, he needs a coach to guide him in the playoffs to take that next step.

They force him to get rid of the ball early out on the perimeter, we should of ran plays where Harden can get the ball through back cuts and down picks. But instead we kept running PnR with Harden over and over allowing the defense to double him.

One thing I got from this post season and last years, is that no one should be allowed to talk **** about Howard. He is the only one playing with fire and getting on his team for making mistakes.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

GOT is a better use of time than that abortion.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

RFFL!