1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy is a turd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, May 5, 2015.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

locks up anytime I am sending a message and a couple other messages come in. Not just a momentary lock up either. freezes for like 5 or 10 seconds before messages go through. I don't know if it's the phone or Android. Either way, it's a turd, and I'll be glad when my contract is up so I can support the overlords at Google

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Great thread. Which Galaxy? there's a few of them out there (note 1, 2, 3, 4 , edge) or (galaxy S, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6 Edge) etc.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

are you like 60 years old

4. hotballa

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Samsung is a turd company that makes turd phones that cant handle multiple texts, and turd tvs that go bad after 3 years. the only thing that company is good for is to provide a protangonist in those chaebol-centric K-dramas

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I love my Note 3. It's been buggy since the upgrade to 5.0 but hopefully those will be fixed in 5.1.

6. Pringles

Pringles Member

I doubt you had every single one.

I have a S4 right now waiting for my contract to be up in August. Still holds up well even though I drop my phone a lot, especially when intoxicated.

Had a S1 before that. Now that phone was a piece of ****.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I had a Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, and S4. Their phones really do suck. I had similar problems with sending/receiving messages at odd times.

Essentially you get a new Galaxy and your level of satisfaction with the phone diminishes month-by-month. I ended up having multiple back-up batteries for each phone and would have to switch the battery out 3x/day. The last one I had wouldn't charge, I guess due to the threading on the phone being stripped somehow, but Sprint wouldn't fix it due to the water seal showing damage. Dumb.

I'm happy enough with my iPhone 5s now and don't plan on updating to a "cool new phone" until I have to. Nothing particularly special about the phone but I'd rather not notice my phone than be pissed off at an inanimate object.

1 person likes this.
  8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Been with my Note 3 since it's release. I am looking at making the jump to either the enemy (iPhone gang) or note 5/Edge. Unless something unbelievable comes out in the next 5-6 months that catches my eye, I believe those are the only real players in the phone game.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

My galaxy S5 is brilliant. I never plan on going back to an iPhone.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You got the lolipop update didn't you?

Go to the Samsung space at best buy and have them update the os. Apparently their bersion is better than the providers

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Note 4 T-Mobile, Lollipop.

Best phone I've ever used, best screen, fast as hell. OP just mad because he has an S1 or something lol.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Ill just slip in and bash Samsung too.

Bought a tv in November and none of the apps work on it. Called customer service twice already and they don't know what the problem is and said they would get back to me in 48 hours. That was a week and a half ago. Eff Samsung!

1 person likes this.
  13. hotballa

this...unbelievably exactly how I feel. if this was reddit, I'd buy you gold

14. hotballa

brah, every single stinking update, the phone gets slower and slower. I don't even play clash of clans anymore because everytime I play it, the phone becomes useless unless I reset it.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

sounds like you got a dud. definitely not the norm.

16. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I went Apple and am never going back.

17. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course Samsung phones are "turds" after a while. This is what you get with an open ecosystem.

This is the same thing with non-Apple laptops. The product just gets worse every single month. My laptop is a POS and I can't wait to go Apple. The only reason I didn't get a macbook was b/c I already have an iphone and ipad.

For people that care about stability and speed, instead of cool new features, I'd recommend Apple every time especially if the price is similar.

18. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

My S3 is still going strong, but I rooted it and installed a custom rom that removed all the crap it comes with along with other tweaks. Runs much better than some newer phones, this probably isn't an option to most people who aren't comfortable hacking the phone. Going to upgrade soon, probably won't be a Samsung since it seems that they have (along with At&t) made doing such things much harder on their newer phones.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It is android.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Galaxies are fine. They last long enough to not have to deal with the people running Sprint service centers. Quarry in San Antonio is particularly awful, just human garbage all around.