1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sbnation]You will come to hate Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sugrlndkid, May 25, 2015.

1. likestohypeguy

I'd have no problem with him if he could keep his mouth guard in his mouth. Or not wear one.

Constantly chewing on it is just unwatchable television, for me.

2. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I don't hate Steph Curry...I hate what the media has made of Steph Curry...Their obsession with everything the man does in contrast to other stars in the League

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Besides Harden you would take say Curry is better than LeBron and KD?

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

This article compared Harden with Melo.....

Lost all creditability.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Steph Curry is someone I'd have my kids up to. Who else would you rather have a role model for your kids? Espn chose the right guy.

6. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Like I said I have no problem what so ever with Steph. Phenomanal person and ball player...I just would rather not watch him warm up for an hour whilst Chris Brussoard preaches his greatness. The dude is great and I can get behind him, but every time Jamie Fox screams at me in the name of Curry I die a little inside haha

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny how when the media slob a guy, we all hate him. Would you hate one of the Rockets if the media started to slob him?

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Huh?
    Do Warriors fans hate Stephen Curry especially after the increased media attention?

Wtf does your statement and question have to do with anything. The fans hate players on various teams. Fans especially hate when the media slobbers all over certain players on other teams. There's nothing wrong with fans feeling that way.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

And what I was saying is, if ESPN had to do this for one player because they had no choice but to do segment after segment about one player in the NBA, i would be totally fine with Curry.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No nothing wrong. Just some hypocrisy (including myself) I am pointing out. I used to hate LeBron for exactly the same reason.

Anyway, I no longer pay attention to what the media say about players. Another funny thing about fans is, they complain about the media yet can't get enough of what they say, and then get all worked up by what they say.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't think a comparison to Nash really fits.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I guess right and wrong is relative wrt sports. Generally, being envious to the extent of hating someone is not something you want to encourage in people.

13. a711

a711 Member

It's DD, man.

DD.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He is undeniably a great, great player but I agree with some other posters here. He is surrounded by the perfect team to hide his flaws, particularly on defense, and magnify his strengths.

He isn't a guy who can carry a bad team and make it a good one the way Lebron, Westbrook or Harden can but he is a guy that can make a good team with the right players a great, great team. That's what is happening with the Warriors. No shame in that.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nash comparisons are kind of weak imo.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is EXACTLY my position as well.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Come to hate him? Already do.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Does he call himself a king? Does he go to strip clubs? Does he bring down his teammates? Does he make snark comments about his opponents? Is he a dirty player? Does he flop 10000 times a game like CP3?

Nope.
    He's married, has kids. Plays basketball the right way. Humble. And aside from showing a little emotion from being a competitor, what's there to hate again?

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Nothing about him personally.
    Everything about the media hyping him to ridiculous levels and showing him a level of love that they don't give to certain other players who are on his level, e.g. A certain bearded guard for the Houston Rockets.

20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

After having his brains scrambled, Curry is the one you'd expect to have a thirteen turnover game.

Instead, he continues making threes like they're layups.