1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Dwight get suspended for game 5..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ansfjs73, May 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am hoping the league is taking a notice what Green and Bogut have been getting away with so far

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

He needs to know that he needs to walk away from everything now on. Bad call (walk away).....

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The silver lining to this whole ordeal is that now the refs should be even more aware of the shenanigans Bogut and Green pull. Hopefully they're looking for it in Game 5.

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I hope JET is telling Dwight to walk away from everything non-stop for the next 6 days.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not getting suspended i just heard on espn radio

6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

There was no way to punish Dwight without rewarding Bogut's shenanigans.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Basically the problem is that a Flagrant 1 is "unecessary" which means not necessary. A Flagrant 2 means the same thing by ordinary parlance: "excessive" is by definition "more than necessary" or "unecessary." You could say that a Flagrant 2 is just "extra-unecessary" which is incredibly vague. The actual analysis is the 6 factors I mentioned earlier which are also vague.

8. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

next 3 weeks*

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Rockets can beat Cavs without Dwight. ;)

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Keys to Thorn's ruling were that Howard was trying to extricate himself from Bogut and open hand. He emphasized both in our quick interview.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/603343811499040768">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Bogut got what he deserved.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Howard needs to be careful the rest of the series. Look for the refs to have a quicker whistle the rest of the series.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

League officials deemed that Howard's blow to Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut did not rise to the standard that would trigger an upgrade to a flagrant foul 2. Howard, who was called for a flagrant 1, would have been given an automatic suspension had the foul been upgraded due to previous flagrant fouls in the playoffs.

"I deemed it unnecessary but not unnecessary and excessive," NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn said. "It wasn't over the limit."

Thorn said that Howard was at first trying to free himself from getting tangled with Bogut. He said that Howard did not make contact with Bogut with an elbow but with the back of his hand. He also said Howard's status on the cusp of an automatic suspension did not play a factor in the decision.

"I did not take into consideration [the automatic suspension]," Thorn said. "I take each situation on its own."

Howard also is on the verge of a suspension because of technical fouls. One more technical or one more flagrant foul would trigger a suspension.

Now can you admit that you were completely wrong sir.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Of course I was wrong as I hoped to be, since the decision is to be flagrant 1. No argue here?
    What's your point? That in any situation like Dwight's the standard league decision after review would be a flagrant 1?
    History has proven you wrong if that's what you suggest.
    The Rockets and Dwight were lucky here.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Bogut got a punishment??

16. Granville

Granville Member

Just happy that he wasn't suspended

17. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Yea- from Dwight's arm.

1 person likes this.
  18. tmacfor35