1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rhester, May 24, 2002.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Does anyone know how Butler's workout went and any comments from Rudy? I love Butler at the 3.

Wish there was some way for us to get a center and Butler out of this draft.

2. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think getting both is suprisingly easy, trade the number 1 (Ming). Get a top five pick back and depending on how high the pick is get Butler or Dunlavy. With the 15 pick take the best big man left. Yes he will be a project. But Cato fills the starter position now and our abundance of power forwards forms a committe that is the primary back up. Project starts deep on the bench, gets 5-10 minutes after a month or two. Moves into legitamate back up by the end of the year. Year two he battles Cato for minutes and by year three he sits Cato down.

I don't realistically think there is a great center prospect at 15. But I do think someone who can take time to develop into decent will be available. One of the things that really hurts marginal players is having your weakness exposed and getting hammered on your sore spots every night. If you only go out in situations where you are at your strongest is very desireable. Cato as a back up is strong. Project/new guy a, evan after achieving full potential, really only needs to give us 25-35 minutes a game. He dosen't have to carry the full load, and on this guard oritnted team he will never be the focal point. An Erving Johnson or Dean Garrett is all we need if Cato and the committe are there as back ups.

I really want to trade Ming because I smell bust. but I want to stay high enough to be guaranteed Butler, Dunlavy, or Wilcox. Wilcox is a great project. He is young and can still grow into the center of our dreams.