1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...low-him-to-spend-much-time-with-obrien-trophy

"NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard got 'Larry' for three days in Southern California. He had it Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and he arranged for people to take pictures with it at his annual skills camp for youths last weekend in his hometown of Moreno Valley.

And Thursday and Friday?

It sat in the living room of the San Diego condominium he rents during the offseason while the Spurs staffer who chaperones the trophy around the world lounged at a UTC hotel pool … while Leonard was at his three-a-day workouts.

'I didn’t have any time to do anything with it,' Leonard explained. 'My workout schedule is crazy.'

Marcus Morris doe.....

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I did not think Leonard is a player who has the level of normal final MVP's. For me there was no finals MVP in that series, I really thought they should have given it to the entire team. he is a great role player, but he is not the best player on a team. And I doubt he will develop in one.

That being said I would love to have him on the Rockets. But the same thing can be said for many players.

3. Swag

Swag Member

kahwi wouldnt have signed wit da mavs...

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wanted him over Mook Morris back in 2012. Still want him now. Too bad.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Whoops

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Because the Spurs would have matched. They are focused on retaining talent on their championship team, not on keeping the cap room to chase another expensive star to add to a first round exit team.

7. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

8. SunsRocketsfan

Kawhi, my favorite NBA player right now.. Wish he was on the rockets.

I didn't meet kawhi but I met his good friend/teammate, DJ Gay about 3 weeks ago at a local gym. He was giving one on one private lessons. No one recognized him but me so I went to talk to him. Asked him of he still kept in touch with kawhi and he joined us for a pickup game. Just funny how at sdsu Gay was actually the leader and kawhi was 2nd fiddle.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

there is a contradiction there i am sure you are aware of. but then there is a second one underneath that then proves your point. and at that point you begin to just start chasing your tail, and left with needing james harden to be as good as tim duncan and dwight howard to be as good parker.

10. New

Go back watch game 3 and 4. It is unfortunate for LBJ that he has to face Kawhi.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Kawhi is great, but I don't believe he would've been even 75% of the player he is if he was on the Rockets.

He is learning from 1 of the best coaches ever, in a perfect system for him. PLUS he can learn from Duncan, Parker and Gino.

12. spysta

spysta Member

So can how does it work when you win a championship?

Is the replica trophy that everyone gets the same size as the real trophy?

Why are they taking the real trophy around if all the players get one exactly like it?

13. VBG

VBG Member

I think everyone gets the same real trophy for 3 days. Then it goes to the Spurs cabinet