1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AT&T UVerse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Anyone in here have uverse? If so how is it working for you? I am mostly concerned with hd quality. How is the picture quality? I am thinking of bundling it with internet and voice. If 4 people are using the computer will the picture quality go down? Is it true that you can only watch 2 hd channels at the same time because the bandwith cannot support it?

I currently have direct and clear and looking to save money.

Uverse is offering me 200 bucks with no contract and no equipment to buy or any leases.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I have it, been pretty happy with it. I believe you can watch 3 HD channels at a time, (3 I just checked) I was actually told 4 by The guy that came put to the house, but no...

I haven't noticed any quality loss while on the computer and two different Tvs on at the same time.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I use Uverse and just got the HD free for a couple months. I have the only HD TV in the house so there isn't a problem with multiple people watching multiple HD channels.

Uverse does get distorted, at least in my short experience, when:

1.)I am recording 2 or more SD channels AND watching an HD channel
    2.)When I am recording an HD Channel and watching SD channel or a HD channel
    3.)When I am downloading "research" recording a SD Channel and watching a HD Channel

I can record a HD channel when I'm not watching TV or if I turn off the HD signal and watch in SD while I'm recording on a good day, but I rarely do it because I'm afraid it won't record and be distorted.

I haven't called to complain yet; it could just be my receiver or the cheap HDMI cable I bought.

Even with all the problems, I still like Uverse especially since they added NBATV. I've been fine watching HD channels and recording 1 SD show at a time...

1 person likes this.
  5. droxford

droxford Member

I had a few problems at first. Then they sent a guy to my house (no charge) who replaced all the cable connections and I've never had a problem since (so the problem wasn't with AT&T).

I have had zero internet downtime.

I only rarely have a hiccup on the converter box. Easily remedied by resetting. This happens about once every 6 months.

TV image is excellent.

You can go to http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/ and schedule recordings remotely (or see a listing of what's on your DVR).

You can get a free app for your iphone/ipod that lets you watch TV shows on your mobile device (no, you can't watch shows that you've recorded, darnit).

Really, my only complaint is.... to turn on captions, you have to drill into a gajillion menus...

... and if that's my only complaint, they must be doing a good job.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I have Uverse and it's AMAZING. The HD quality is superb and it is really fast for the internet too.

If you're a gamer, the connection online is excellent too.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My experience is similar to droxford's. Some initial problems have now been fixed. There are RARELY outages (though there was a local outage the night the Eagles played the Texans, sending me and my older kid to a sports bar to watch with a bunch of other people who had Uverse). No problems with weather interferring with signal or anything like that.

My biggest complaint is that there is STILL not MLB Network. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is it the same as satellite where you must have a box for each tv to watch anything? The thing I like about having cable is not having to pay for additional boxes for the bedrooms but still getting to watch tv.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

♥♥♥ U-Verse.

10. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Uverse internet here...and it's good. It's not as fast as Cable, but it's a lot more reliable. The wifi with the ATT router is faster/better than my old cable set up with a linksys wifi router and motorola cable modem.

11. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Yes you have to have a "box" in every room. There is only one "dvr", but all the other rooms must have a box, and they charge you $5 a month each.

I love u-verse though, once I got through all the set-up/installation problems the first 2 months, its been awesome.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP, you must not hang out in the Hangout much. On Clutchfans, U-Verse can do no wrong. ;)

Seriously though, I switched from Comcast a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. Since they resolved my #1 gripe by adding NBA TV, I give U-Verse an A.

Question for the unfortunate souls still with Comcast: Do you have the "whole home DVR" feature yet? If not, this by itself is reason enough to switch.

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I get 3 HD streams with my U-verse, no problems.

Love the service. Would never, ever, EVER go back to Comcast. Ever.

14. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

that's probably the guys wiring in-house. i've had some problems with pixilation involving a national outtage and i've also had them fully rewire my house. picture is great. service is great (other than the on-site trash they send out).

my concern is them raising prices. they just increased all svcs by $5 a month. as long as they are the price leader, they have my account. once that changes, i'll shop around.

16. droxford

droxford Member

That dude should call AT&T instead of filming his problems and posting them on the net. AT&T will send out technicians (actual people who work for AT&T, unlike Comcast, who sends out contractors) to fix his setup quickly and at no charge.

17. Prince

Prince Member

In terms of video quality, it's bad.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My video quality even on my new LED TV is clean on HD. No problems whatsoever.

19. Prince

Prince Member

have you tried comcast HD before?

20. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

my Comcast HD, is pretty top notch.
    i want uverse and my neighbor has it, but i can't get it ...