1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors offense under Steve Kerr [bballbreakdown video]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vneuro, Aug 6, 2014.

1. vneuro

vneuro Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY6_bHropV8&list=UUSpvjDk06HLxBaw8sZw7SkA

Coach nick says Kerr is using a combination of the triangle (Phil's Lakers) and motion weak (Pop's spurs) which sounds absolutely ****ing frightening to me. Are these guys going to be a threat going forward?

I think it might take a couple of years for them to get adjusted to it, but it seems like Kerr isn't ****ing around.

I suppose it shouldn't be surprising as Kerr played and won rings under both Phil and Pop in the past, so he's familiar with the sets.

2. vneuro

vneuro Member

And bear in mind this is summer league. Just imagine Klay or Curry getting those open 3s....

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I don't think they really have the people for either offense, Kerr seems to be wanting to run his offense, not the offense for the players.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Why don't they have the people for it? They have elite shooting from the backcourt, a legitimate post scorer, perimeter guys who can all pass, handle, and move without the ball, and two excellent passing bigs.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Its a nice offense and pretty clever too.

I wish we had a coach like that- instead of a glorified recruiter

6. Aleron

You can't make people into great off ball movers, that's why the Spurs love recruiting euros, and they don't really have that, Curry is decent but shoots just as well off the dribble. People talk about getting him open as though it's some key to victory, but the guy has shown no real need to be any more open than not being humped. And neither Bogut nor Lee can shoot the mid-range or further for ****.

The triangle? the Jordan/Kobe offense, (it failed for everyone that didn't have the most talented team in the nba) it's like wearing 1970's clothes, going retro and all and hoping that it works for any old group. Coaches don't really improve the offense of teams much anyway (13th to top 5? rofl), Pop doesn't make his team great shooters, great movers, he makes his team really disciplined, and keeps them doing the same thing over and over (even his time outs are basically score irrelevant, and entirely about when they stop following the plan).

#6 Aleron, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Oh my ****ing gawd. Dude hasnt done **** and he's already glorified because of a "good read" article. This dude is a chump compared to Mark Jackson and GSW will under achieve. The media get yall chumps rolling.

8. vneuro

vneuro Member

Whoa now, I agree Kerr hasn't done anything but you seriously think Mark Jackson is better? Jackson is nothing more than a bible thumping, glorified motivational speaker. He doesn't coach. He motivates. If you watched him during timeouts, his assistants were often the ones drawing up plays.

Other than that it's "give the ball to Curry" and watch him iso 1 on 1, often ending with a behind the back dribble into a contested pull up 3.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm not ready to call Kerr better than milk hair, but judging from his color commentating (on live tv and 2k), breh will be horrible.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yeah on 2k he always says the same thing!! Come on man, try to have a new thought every now and then:p

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Now that Warriors are not coached by Mark Jackasson, I might actually root for the team, like I did once.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

great to see some creative and combo offense, the ball and player movement is so refreshing ....if only rockets had a little more of this

re warriors not so sure about the corner pnr........

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

I'm just glad the Warriors head coach is not named Mark Jackson. He had his run though, but it was time to move on.

14. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

I like the initiative, but he's got to prove himself. Before I put him above soymilk hair, he's got to impact that team. Otherwise, just another new coach.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Interesting video and commentary, but this is nothing to get excited about.

16. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Remember when Mike Brown said that he wanted to run the Princeton with a little bit of the triangle?

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm terrified.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

you should be freaked out.;)

19. Aleron

When Mike D'antoni wants to run "his offense", he sucks, when Kerr does it, he's a hero.

Motion weak takes the point guard out of the play as a shooter for the most part (unless his man completely leaves him), and makes him into a cutter, which makes a lot of sense for Parker (since he's both not a great shooter, (I'm not saying he's not a decent shooter, but that team has a lot of "great" shooters, and he isn't one of them) and the best penetrating point guard around), for Curry it makes no sense at all.

go Steve!

#19 Aleron, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh noes, the boring ass triangle offense.

Surprisingly, it works well when you have ultra elite perimeter players and ultra elite big men.