1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Enough with the Marcus Morris project

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Has anyone else seen just about enough of Marcus Morris? I know i have. Yeah, he is damn good in practice. He was a blood thirsty, ravaging beast in preseason before he got hurt. When it comes time to play the game, he is Monsters Inc. As a matter of fact, i don't recall ever seeing him have a good game when it counts. I don't know what it is the organization saw in him for them to pick up his option. I hope they are not playing him to help his stock, because, guess what, he just ruined that.
    Playing him over Jones(or even White) was idiotic. It just doesn't seem like he can hack it during game time.

2 people like this.
  2. killakim

killakim Member

It's his 2nd year.... Come on..

3. VBG

VBG Member

Morris is horrible.

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

could of had these 2 playing together....

[​IMG]

5. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

FIRST GAME SHUTUP.

6. cdastros

cdastros Member

He played to space the floor for Harden and Lin.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm starting to become a MMOH. This kid is disappointing.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He has that melo shot selection minus the athleticness .:mad:

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is what i am talking about.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

There is no project.

There was an injury and Morris started and he looked terrible.

End of story.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

If we had him we most likely make the playoffs and get swept, meaning we don't have the 14 meaning we don't trade for Lamb, meaning we don't trade for Harden.:p

12. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

i agree he needs to go. there is no excuse for how much suck

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Morris looks terrible. Maybe it was because it was his first significant minutes, but he doesn't look like he has the skills to play long minutes. I'd rather see Greg smith or Terrence jones in the game.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not sure how you've seen enough of someone who's hardly played in just over a season. It's not like we're fighting for a ring and need seasoned players. We wanted to develop these guys right, well this is what development is all about. All he was told last season was how he needed to become a 3. Now he's probably being told he's going to play some 4 too and started on short notice. There's no consistency there for him. His shot was off, but i'll take those 7 boards, especially when Pat doesn't rebound so well himself.

2 people like this.
  15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Crap. Not good. Below Mediocre. Disadvantageous. Not Worthy. Doesnt Belong.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This was his first game in his second season.
    Morris' problem is not that he is just consistent, but his good games are far and few. He can't expect to get playing time on a team stacked with good young talent. Yes, he did a lot of good things tonight, but he also did some things that he, in his second season, has no business doing.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

^^fixed.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

My thoughts as well.

It is ridiculous how people keep calling a player that played less minutes on a NBA court then most blockbuster movies in total last season and had his first start ever outside of summer league a bust. He got screwed over last season and this season coming off an injury and in the first game he played more then 8 minutes of garbage time he made a few mistakes, big deal he was not the worst player we put on the court tonight and actually has the potential to get better... I say let him.

19. trowa

trowa Member

dude doesnt box out, cant play defense, cant catch the ball and cant even get rebound. what can he do? dont tell me score because he blew many easy layups

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even though Morris has been absolutely horrible I'm not ready to give up. I don't think McHale is putting him in a position to be successful. Just once I would like to see Morris on the block and not milling around the 3 point line. If Battier could get 3 jump hooks a game with us sure enough we could run one set where Morris gets to showcase his post game. A couple times done the floor on teh block, he can gain some confidence with the other aspects of his game.