1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Learning from your mistakes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 15, 2014.

1. tadahito

tadahito Member

From his radio interview, Morey said he was fairly confident with Bosh signing at that point so he traded Lin.

I wonder if Parsons is still a Rocket if Morey didn't botch the Lin trade. You'd have the same 54-win team minus Asik plus a lotto pick and a
    decent free agent.

2. SPBR

SPBR Member

So Lin leaving really had to do with the fact that Bosh was coming and we needed the cap room. Tweet above doesn't really make sense then. Either Clutch misreported, Morey lied to Clutch, or they worked together to help Rox save face. My guess is Morey misrepresented the situation to Clutch as part of damage control.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea it doesn't make sense to give up Lin knowing that you can't get Bosh. Why the hell you so desperately want to get rid of Lin if you know you can't get Bosh?? Not only that...you're giving up a 1st rounder (A FREAKING 1st ROUND PICK) and make yourself thinner at back up PG. It doesn't add up.

If anything I learned out of this is that Morey doesn't like to admit making mistakes. He was asked about using Lin's jersey #7 for Melo signing, he says it's normal standard business practice. That is no normal standard practice...many think it was clearly disrespectful and he doesn't want to admit it was a mistake. He mentioned using Beverley # for Howard but the thing is....Beverley was not being traded. The situation is not the same. I wonder if the man ever admit mistakes.

4. bmd

bmd Member

Anthony Davis was also hurt for like 15 games last season. Jason Smith was also hurt for a huge part of the season, I believe.

They had a ton of injuries last year. Davis also played a good bit at the center position... out of his natural position.

They might be a 50 win team with a healthy line-up and a legit center in Asik.

The SW division next year is going to be unbelievably tough. Every team is at least a 45 win team in my opinion.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I am in the camp that Lin was going on the best deal we could find, regardless of Bosh's decision.

6. Shadowz

Shadowz Member

Dm has a master plan, if anyone can guess what it is, will find out soon enough.

7. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

We really haven't discussed this trade enough on the board. It seems clear to me that Morey thought they would have Bosh and the Lakers deal was the best offer they could get for Lin. The Lakers gave the Rockets a deadline and so Morey decided to pull the trigger rather than risk a worse deal for Lin or not being able to trade him at all to get Bosh. Plus, once everyone knows Bosh is committing and that we absolutely have to trade Lin, the price gets even higher (maybe?).