1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Those classy Kings fans..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kidrock8, Mar 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

As opposed to these fans who are full of class?

[​IMG]

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, classy like Shaq who calls the Kings the Queens, or questions why another player should be on the Olympic team when he won't play on it.

Yeah, I think we all need a lesson on class from a Laker fan. :rolleyes:

4. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

I wish it was me who did it :(

5. wizard

wizard Member

Nah if you want to look for class, check out the Philly fans...:rolleyes:

6. mhan

mhan Member

words are one thing. who gives a crap about words? you can say them one day, and they'll be forgotten in a week. words don't actually hurt unless you let them. defacing something that signifies an incredible accomplishment from a great player though? that's stepping beyond the line.

you wanna see how "classy" king's fans are? just check out when they booed jon barry (who was a great role player for them) because of a stupid joke vlade made. scott pollard ripped them a new one for that, and rightfully so.

it is good to see that the king's owners are classy since they are actually trying to identify the individual who spit on basketball history. if it is an employee, then i hope he is fired for his actions.

7. bobododo

bobododo Member

Everyone boo Barry as a joke. geezus! We love jon barry here we have no reason to boo him for realz. Later Scot apologize and realized he was too emotional. It was a joke gone too far I admit that but its not intent to hurt.

Classy fans are overrated. I see that at every other teams messageboard talking trash about how unclassy other teams fans are. Its all just B.S. No team really have great fans. Some fans are idiotic and some are not as idiotic. They are the same everywhere. Kind of like here in Clutchcity even.

As for defacing Shaq's ball, I dont condone that but he deserves it for all the trash talking hes done. Also one person does not that deface it does not mean the entire sactown fans are unclassy.

Dammm I hate even talking about classy or unclassy fan issues..I see the rant and whine about that on every sports messageboard.

8. bobododo

bobododo Member

As for defacing Shaq's ball, I dont condone that but he deserves it for all the trash talking hes done. Also one person defacing it does not mean the entire sactown fans are unclassy.

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

That's like Oakland going on a riot when they lost the Superbowl against Tampa.

http://images.ibsys.com/2003/0127/1937862.jpg[img]

[img]http://images.ibsys.com/2003/0127/1937854.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The thing that makes me laugh even more, is would the Raiders fan reacted any differently had they won the Superbowl? :D

But on a serious note, all teams have fans that are bad apples that don't represent all of the organizations fans. The Kings shouldn't be singled out, nor should the Lakers, or Raiders. I mean if you really want to go extreme, just look at the soccer fans who go on riots when their team loses literally beating the other opposing fans up in the middle of the games. Or when the actual athletes get executed after they lose an important game for their country. It's not just american sports that have these bad seeds. It's simply global.

10. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

A fan is someone who enjoys the game or it's team, roots for them win or lose.

An idiot is a person who trashes someones business or car because their home team lost or won and they think it gives them an excuse to be a fool.

Riots should be called shopping spree's for the thugs or open season on innocent people.

A true fan does not destroy.
    Shaq made his statement to bibby to get into his mind, (did not work) A fan defacing his ball was not cool
    My friend in Sac Town said the Maloof brothers are gonna offer season tickets for next year to the person who turns the fool in.

Now thats class:D

11. mhan

mhan Member

i agree. sac fans should take some cues from the kings' owners.

12. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

Good point and everything, but... I have to disagree with you here. The Raiders' fans do represent their organization well, and should be singled out.

13. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

Article Title: "Vandal scribbles expletive on O'Neal's ball"

...that will leave a mark. Ouch.

14. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Did Shaq vandalize anything that belonged to the Kings?

15. bobododo

bobododo Member

only one person did it. Sanc Fan.

16. bobododo

bobododo Member

err i mean "sac fan"..some reason i cant edit

17. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

The Kings fans got "even" by booing the acknowledgement of his passing 20,000 pts, as well as the fact that the Kings had scoreboard, last night at least.

I could SOMEWHAT see it being justified, if they had lost last night, but they won. What else do you want.

Vandalism just touches a nerve with me I guess.

18. bobododo

bobododo Member

wtf?? we are suppose to cheer for him after all the stuff he said about sac?

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

(1) Shaq is an idiot. When you say stupid things, and you're a public person, something like this is bound to happen. It does not make it right in any way at all though.

(2) This was one fan, not all Kings fans. And booing a player does not signify you lack class, or else anyone who has ever been to a game post Pippen era at the Compaq Center can be singled out.

(3) The Maloofs are cool. I wish I was the hier to a billion dollar gambling empire.

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Classic...